• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Icons!

Taz4158

Banned
Oct 16, 2000
Just wondering if the icons people choose has a bearing on how you perceive them here? Does the laughing person make you think they have a good sense of humour? Does the policeman icon make you
think of the poster differently or does it really not come into play?

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I don't really think about it, but after a while I tend to associate that icon with that person so I notice immediately if the icon changes.

Fearlss1

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
No really the only icons that make me wonder are the ones of the poeple crying,,, Makes me think that person is sad/depressed/ or mental HAHAHAHAH
MUhahahahah
But yes I see what you are saying and I think it does kinda tell something about that person or else they woudlnt have picked it from some reason

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
It depends, but, like Azraele, I tend to mostly just remember the people for their icons....and actually, when someone else has an icon of a well known member, I tend to not even look at the posters name, and think it is automatically the well known member. :)

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I really don't associate a icon with a personality, just the name.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I also associate certain icons with certain members out of habit. I don't really associate the "tone" of the icon with them, though.

For instance, Leo V uses the same icon as GirlFriday, which throws me sometimes. And when someone who posts alot changes their icon like NFS4 did when we got "Shaft", it also takes a little adjusting period before I associate the new icon with that poster.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Agree with above. I attach the icon to the person but nothing more than that.

I hate it when people change. Takes some time getting acclimated again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY