ICO/Shadow of the Colossus on Bluray - Q1 2011

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by chuckywang, Jul 2, 2010.

1. chuckywang

chuckywang Lifer

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Shadow Colossus Bluray Forum Date
    Shadow of the Beast remake! Console Gaming May 5, 2016
    Late to the party again: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) Console Gaming Nov 26, 2015
    Finally finished Shadow of the Colossus Console Gaming Apr 17, 2014
    Played Shadow of the Colossus Console Gaming Feb 12, 2011
    Shadow of the Colossus Console Gaming Oct 3, 2010

3. Kromis

Kromis Diamond Member

Article was published a month ago. I think the current rumor is June of 2011

4. YEPP

YEPP Senior member

They should remaster Shadow of the Colossus for every new generation console, the game is a work of art, every generation should get a chance to play it.

#3 YEPP, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. R Nilla

R Nilla Diamond Member

At this point, based on comments from Sony and Team Ico, I would be surprised if we don't get a Team Ico HD Collection for PS3.

6. I4AT

I4AT Platinum Member

I've never played either of these games, although I've heard a lot about em, so I'm kind of looking forward to it. I did pick up the God of War Collection without having played those on the PS2, and I've gotta say, after playing games like Batman AA and Bayonetta I was pretty underwhelmed. So are they really that good that they'll impress someone like me who isn't looking at them through rose colored glasses?

7. R Nilla

R Nilla Diamond Member

I can't speak for Ico, because I've never played it, but Shadow of the Colossus is unique enough that I think you'll have a better chance of appreciating it if you can get over the dated graphics. Although it's from 2005, it's not like God of War where there have been plenty of similar, arguably better, games released since.

8. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

Hopefully they'll start re-mastering more PS2 classics to HD. They did an excellent job with the God of War Collection. Personally, I'm hoping they'll do with the Ratchet & Clank and the Jak series. I'd say those are pretty likely. Now if Capcom did it with Okami, I'd be really happy. Wishful thinking though.

9. darkswordsman17

I did not like Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus looks like it'd be pretty good. The best part is it sounds like they're going to fix the issues that plagued the game on the PS2 (namely horrible performance).

I would personally rather they focus on new games. To me, the Ratchet and Clank and Jak series don't have quite the classic appeal, such that I think if they just focused on a new game it'd end up better. To me, it'd be like if they'd "remaster" the Gran Turismo games, I'd rather they just make a new one.

#8 darkswordsman17, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  10. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

Seeing as how they already brought Okami to the current gen with the Wii, I highly doubt it'll come to any of the other consoles. They're also making a sequel on the DS too.

11. mmntech

mmntech Lifer

Yeah, but it would be lovely in HD rendered at 720p. It's probably one of the most under-appreciated games out there.

Insomniac says they're open to a Ratchet & Clank Collection but has no plans to make it.
    http://www.psu.com/news/9350