iCloud Mail Question

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I know that you can only create an iCloud e-mail account by turning it on through your iDevice.

If you create an account, can you then turn it off on your iDevice without disabling it in general?

MotionMan

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
You delete the account. That's it I think

Worf_facepalm.gif

MotionMan

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Clicking delete account on your idevice doesn't delete your account entirely, it just deletes the account off of your phone. The account is still active and can be logged in to through iCloud.com or readded to another device.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006

633775495275400070-DoubleFacepalm.jpg

I can only assume that you are a complete idiot, drunk or both. Did you even read the OP?

1. I was not asking about Twitter accounts; and
2. I did not ask how to delete any kind of account.

You have failed this thread miserably. Stop posting here.

MotionMan

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Clicking delete account on your idevice doesn't delete your account entirely, it just deletes the account off of your phone. The account is still active and can be logged in to through iCloud.com or readded to another device.

iCloud email is unique in that the only way to create it was to turn it on in iOS. I just want to be sure that, if I turn it "off" on my iPhone, it does not also act to disable the account.

I assume not, and, I assume that if it does, it would not be permanent, but I want to be sure before I do it.

MotionMan

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
iCloud email is unique in that the only way to create it was to turn it on in iOS. I just want to be sure that, if I turn it "off" on my iPhone, it does not also act to disable the account.

I assume not, and, I assume that if it does, it would not be permanent, but I want to be sure before I do it.

MotionMan

I just created an email account and promptly removed it from my iPad. It is still accessible through icloud.com

vbuggy

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2005
Account deletion is the same for any service account. Sorry I didn't make it brain-dead self explanatory, just drawing your attention to the giant red button under every account - I assumed you would have the intelligence to extrapolate.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Account deletion is the same for any service account. Sorry I didn't make it brain-dead self explanatory, just drawing your attention to the giant red button under every account - I assumed you would have the intelligence to extrapolate.

You misunderstood my question and, thus, answered a question I did not ask.

Thanks anyway.

MotionMan

santz

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2006
everyone misunderstood everyone.... perfect, i am not sure if I understand what happened here myself!