Icewind Dale Enhanced just got a huge patch. Many new features.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Thanks. It's one long game, but might be fun to get to. But there are others competing like the newer games (I always mix up Pillars of Eternity and another one that starts with P).

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Icewind Dale was a good hack-n-slash game for its time, but it wasn't trying to be story-based like the much more epic Baldur's Gate or the legendary Planescape: Torment.

Unless you want to play IWD on a tablet I say get Pillars of Eternity and Torment: Tides of Numeria instead. I haven't played Torment yet but Pillars is good once you get past the major annoyance that spell casting has a stupid "location not enemy" aiming for single-target spells like Magic Missile.

An archer can attack a moving target, but a spellcaster can't really. You get a cast delay which is fine, but then it goes off where the target was when you started casting which is not logical for single-target spells.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Icewind Dale 1 and 2 were the only D&D Infinity engine games I missed when they originally came out. I was considering getting it for the Fire HD 10. It would be the only game I've ever played on a tablet. Anyone care to comment on how well it plays on that platform? Does it use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or must I use touch controls?

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
I'll wait for it to drop to $5. I'm not paying $20 for a remake of an 18 year old game.