IceQ4+ 4870 1GB listed @ Newegg.com

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
I wouldnt expect HIS to be the one to OC the card that much on air. I think Chizow posted a 4870 with a waterblock @ 50mhz OC. :thumbsup:

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
I wouldnt expect HIS to be the one to OC the card that much on air. I think Chizow posted a 4870 with a waterblock @ 50mhz OC. :thumbsup:

dude, it's only a 20mhz core overclock.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: lavaheadache
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

dude, it's only a 20mhz core overclock.

Oops. I thought they were 700 stock for some reason. Long day.

Oh well, still looks cool.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
ATI should keep red pcb's, and NV should keep black on green.

That blue is just f-ugly.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
Originally posted by: JPB
ATI should keep red pcb's, and NV should keep black on green.

That blue is just f-ugly.

The reference design has a red PCB I think. ATI doesn't have a say in what color HIS uses for theirs.

Zillatech

Jul 25, 2006
Well, I just ordered one which I should get on Monday. It will be $241.00 after the rebate so I couldn't resist. I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to test it out a bit. This will be my 4th and final attempt at the AMD 48xx series cards. Here is a breakdown.

1st Card: Original HIS 4870 "Turbo" = Too loud

2nd Card: HIS 4850 IceQ4 "Turbo" = Great card but defective RAM, Blue Screens when stressed

3rd Card: Sapphire "Black" 4870 1GB = Nice Card, almost kept it but it had a defective Fan (Zippy Fan Syndrome)

I've had really bad luck with defective products & services in 2008 (Not sure what that's about) but I really did like the 4870's performance wise, I just couldn't get a card that worked right. I'm also a little fed up with what Nvidia has tried to pull with the GTX 200's cards and feel that AMD deserves my $$$ for this generation of cards.

I ordered the new card on New Year's Day so hopefully my luck will be better. If anyone has any questions about the new 4870 IceQ4+, just ask and I'll be happy to share after I've tested it out.

The only thing I wish AMD would fix is their Driver Software in terms of "Game Profiles". I can live with it but Nvidia Drivers do a far better job w/ Custom Game Profiles that automatically "reset" after the game closes. If only AMD had a "Reset to defaults on Exit" option in the CCC Game Profiles, I would be a happy camper :)