Ice Age VHS FREE at BB B&M -- ymmv

solleyman

Dec 5, 2002
BB B&M in Huntsville, AL...

Bought Ice Age VHS...rang up as 17.98...pop-up window on register said "buy $150 of movies or music, get $30 gift card".

I said no. Price changed to $0.00.

Called mgr....mgr said its my lucky day.

ymmv

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
wow, sounds like you got very lucky!
I doubt many other people (if any) will get this like you did, but that's awesome if they do :)

solleyman

Dec 5, 2002
Thought I'd throw out the possibility. I know there are a bunch of AT users in the Huntsville area who might be able to give it a shot...

johto

Apr 20, 2001
my BB mgr would NEVER say 'its your lucky day'. i hate them. but congrats!

shl0791

Aug 2, 2001
what happened was that the central server crashed (country-wide) and restarted... but with a glitch. From around 12:30pm to 1:30 central (I think), that "special" sale happened, and they tried to fix it. Some people DID get lucky and walked out with free cd's, dvd's and vhs'. But that was quickly remidied. So YOU WERE in fact lucky.

Johneverd

Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: shl0791
what happened was that the central server crashed (country-wide) and restarted... but with a glitch. From around 12:30pm to 1:30 central (I think), that "special" sale happened, and they tried to fix it. Some people DID get lucky and walked out with free cd's, dvd's and vhs'. But that was quickly remidied. So YOU WERE in fact lucky.

Security provided by Bank of America

pLaYaMiKe

Jul 29, 2002
Hey man, not everyone's willing to spend 50 dollars to buy a DVD player when their children owns a DVD game console (that they don't know how to use)

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n
waht
the
fvck
were you doing with a vhs tape!??!

The didn't have any free DVD players. Duh. ;)

Was the crash related to that worm that's making the rounds? I think it affected Pricewatch's site the day it was out; not sure what the name is though.

Did the cashier immediately go on break, and buy a few dozen tapes?:)