IBM Tech Support still rocks....

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
A few letters on my keyboard on my T41 have felt a little less springy as of late. I called just a moment ago, 2 rings and someone in Atlanta picked up, explained the problem, and they are overnighting me a new keyboard to arrive tomorrow morning, for free. Total Call Time: 4 minutes and 21 seconds.

I know IBM/Lenovo are usually more expensive, but if you ask me, its well worth it. I've only had to call IBM 2-3 times over the past 3 years for this tank.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Haha, they certainly don't treat their business clients with that level of support.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Platypus
Haha, they certainly don't treat their business clients with that level of support.

just use the magic word, 'escalate.' as in, 'i'd like to escalate this to a manager or exec.'

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
yea ibm is amazing... any time i have ever had a problem, they have overnighted me the parts free of charge.

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Never dealt with their laptop tech support, but their Websphere tech support sucks balls! IBM HttpServer, WAS, WSAD, it doesn't matter. If you need help, you're better off figuring it out on your own.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The one time I had to deal with them was a video issue on a T41. Laptop had been into them previously for repair. Came back with the same issue. 2 calls and 90 minutes on the phone/hold later they agreed to let me ship it back and this time they replaced the mobo. Worst tech support experience i've had yet. Doesn't beat Sony's online tech support and there one-liner hotkeys to every question. Talk to 4 different people and you magically get the same canned response.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BigPoppa
The one time I had to deal with them was a video issue on a T41. Laptop had been into them previously for repair. Came back with the same issue. 2 calls and 90 minutes on the phone/hold later they agreed to let me ship it back and this time they replaced the mobo. Worst tech support experience i've had yet. Doesn't beat Sony's online tech support and there one-liner hotkeys to every question. Talk to 4 different people and you magically get the same canned response.

you should try at&t

i spent an hour last night trying to get my dsl account going because they *do not* support firefox with their configuration server, and i dont have IE

really, i spent 20 of those minutes with a woman who refused to help me get a username and password because "we cant configure with linux, it wont work with out service"

and another 10 minutes of it *after* i asked to be escalated to someone with a clue.