i7 920 D0 - Where to Buy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jandlecack

Apr 25, 2009
Originally posted by: DanK414
Sorry for the little sidetrack but I need to ask this question.

In light of the news from Intel's release date on the i7 950 on the CPU post, I was wondering if my best bet is to wait until i7 950 releases and then buy. I hear that there will be a good price drop on the 920 and that 940 will be around the price range of the 920. In addition, I take it my chance of getting a D0 will be much higher.

Price drop entirely depends on how well the new models are picked up on by the customers. If the 920 keeps outselling the other chips at its current price, Intel may not drop prices at all but instead insert the 950 in the price range between the 940 and 965, and put the 975 at an even higher price point. That sounds plausible to me because the Core i7 920 is fairly cheap considering the performance it offers. I'm used to paying £300+ for a CPU of that range. This D0 I have came in at £249.

Also, the professional online retailers over here all indicate a separate product for the D0 so that you can pay a little premium and be sure to get one. I would be underwhelmed if this wasn't possible in the USA online/in-store as well?

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Elganja
check out this place:
http://www.compumusic.com/i489235.htm

some people who have ordered from there:
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100621223

edit: they are out of stock... they were in stock earlier today :(

Why not support a store that supports these forums? Ben from Tankguys is on here all the time, helping fellow members, working on shipping details.

He works very hard to make sure he has te right product, and killer support.

I'm just sayin'

The111

Nov 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Rubycon
If you don't mind ebay there is a guy with 'em for $299 shipped and he looks legit!

Yup, and with 14% Live cashback, I got in on it for $257. Should have it today, he is out of stock now for the rest of you though. :-(

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Has anyone bought one from Amazon? Their price on the 920 is currently the lowest I can find for online retailers.

Jul 29, 2006
Just as an update to the thread, I ordered from Newegg ($280, free shipping, free crappy game). I had heard reports that their California warehouse was sending out D0's. I'm on the east coast and tracking numbre showed that they shipped to me from New Jersey instead.

But - SLBEJ! Sounds like odds getting a D0 are pretty good this route. [My plan, which should still work, was to send back any non D0 CPU for a full refund, per an e-mail I have saved from NE stating that they would accept an unopened CPU for full refund without a restocking fee]

DanK414

Oct 21, 2002
@Trajan those reports are now a little better than 50/50 on D0 or C0. But it is becoming more favorable to order from Newegg. I'm still waiting patiently for Santa Clara's Microcenter to run out of there C0s. There's 9 left in there inventory~~ they'll have to order soon!

DanK414

Oct 21, 2002
FYI just stopped by Microcenter in Santa Clara because I saw new shipment in... they don't have any D0 steppings.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
If you don't mind a Xeon W3520 they are popping up in stock everywhere now for cheaper than these "promised" D0's.

I hear they o/c like the wind too. Expect major mainboard mfrs to follow with compatible BIOSes that allow for memory dividers, uncore, qpi adjust, etc. EVGA has betas for theirs and Gigabyte has had one for a while.

I got an email in the past hour that says mine are waiting for me in Manhattan. :D Too bad I won't get them until Sunday night. :(

DanK414

Oct 21, 2002
I would have done that but... I went to local Central Computers in San Francisco, they have the 3845B027 batch for $324 tax*. From what I know these B batches do very well.

KamikazeTKS

Oct 16, 2009
Ok Guys, TigerDirect.com carries the i7 920 D0 (280+free shipping) they also have a steady supply of Radeon HD 5870 (for same price as newegg and free shipping) (Newegg is randomly out of stock daily..)

It took several emails to get a decent response...

"We have already received a response on your inquiry on the Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 (Item Number: CP1-I7-920). As per one of our product managers, its stepping is D0.

Please feel free to send us an email again should there be anything else we may assist you with.

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business. If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,
Lester
TigerDirect.com Web Response
"

Wow this is a really old thread... oh well, I was still having trouble finding them. I had a chat with some people at newegg.com and they still ship the c0 and c1 stepping... So hopefully this helps anyone still looking for a D0 and not willing to pay 340$ (tankguys price with shipping and optional min. donation) Similar prices for D0 are found on ebay...

:)

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: KamikazeTKS
Ok Guys, TigerDirect.com carries the i7 920 D0 (280+free shipping) they also have a steady supply of Radeon HD 5870 (for same price as newegg and free shipping) (Newegg is randomly out of stock daily..)

It took several emails to get a decent response...

"We have already received a response on your inquiry on the Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920 (Item Number: CP1-I7-920). As per one of our product managers, its stepping is D0.

Please feel free to send us an email again should there be anything else we may assist you with.

Thank you for visiting our website. We appreciate your business. If you have further inquiries and reply to this email, please make sure to include your entire message, so we can address it appropriately.

Sincerely,
Lester
TigerDirect.com Web Response
"

Wow this is a really old thread... oh well, I was still having trouble finding them. I had a chat with some people at newegg.com and they still ship the c0 and c1 stepping... So hopefully this helps anyone still looking for a D0 and not willing to pay 340$ (tankguys price with shipping and optional min. donation) Similar prices for D0 are found on ebay...

:)

Black guy avatar...Where's my free ipod?