i7 920 D0 - Where to Buy?

Jul 29, 2006
Dropped my my local microcenter a few days ago, everything they've got is C0 - I was sort of hoping the sale earlier this month cleared out the old inventory. Turns out, it did, but they've already got a huge new shipment in and they're not the new stepping.

Tank guys is sold out.. I've strangely found a number of european sites that are selling D0's, but I can't find anything in the US. Anyone got any leads? Thanks for any help!

supertle55

Mar 9, 2004
Originally posted by: trajan
Dropped my my local microcenter a few days ago, everything they've got is C0 - I was sort of hoping the sale earlier this month cleared out the old inventory. Turns out, it did, but they've already got a huge new shipment in and they're not the new stepping.

Tank guys is sold out.. I've strangely found a number of european sites that are selling D0's, but I can't find anything in the US. Anyone got any leads? Thanks for any help!

Curious which Microcenter store you went to. I'm picking up mine at the NY store this week and hoping I get the D0 as well.

Jul 29, 2006
I was at the Cambridge, MA store. Please please let me know if you find D0 in New York, I imagine they can ship from there - or, if not, I can have a buddy buy and mail to me!

I was pretty disapointed, I could see the models they had at the Cambridge store and they were definitely C0. I asked if they had others in the back, the salesguy said they actually just got a huge order in to replace the ones they sold at the start of the month. But he said all the models I looked (definitely C0's) came from that new batch, so.. it sounds like my store at least is not going to get anything new in for awhile. (He really emphasized that they've got a huge number stocked up right now).

So, yeah - seriously, would be very grateful if you'd let me know if you find any in New York!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Yoxxy
I got one from Newegg last week. Pack Date is 04/08/09.

Yoxxy why is your 975 clocked so low.

It should do 4ghz in its sleep @ less then stock voltage.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: kyotousa
When are they going to discontinue i7 920?

They just released a new stepping; why would they discontinue it?

You might see it phased out once the i5 is released, but likely not before.

Jul 29, 2006
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a Newegg one, it would be about $50 more than Mircocenter if I recall right but I know Microcenter has C0 and aside from supertle55 above, I've been seeing some other recent reports of folks getting D0s at NE...

I just pinged them on e-mail about the return policy, some guy in their livechat was telling me that they'd accept an unopened CPU for return even if I didn't turn it around within the 7 day window required under the policy (what, with shipping and all). I printed out a log of the chat for insurance, and then I e-mailed them asking flatly, "Hey, if I don't open it, can I return without the 15% restock?". The written policy is unclear about that as well.

If I can get a good document trail evidencing 0% restocking I'm happy to take a gamble, especially since my exposure will be limited to the shipping costs.

The-Noid

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Originally posted by: aigomorla
Originally posted by: Yoxxy
I got one from Newegg last week. Pack Date is 04/08/09.

Yoxxy why is your 975 clocked so low.

It should do 4ghz in its sleep @ less then stock voltage.

it is undervolted (1.1875) and it is in a media center pc. Quietness is the most important to me. I also don't want to heat up my rack which has 5x300w amp (hooked up to 4ohm speakers) an integra 9.8 couple of power filters , ps3, cable box and a couple other things.

I do however love the TRUE Copper, keeps cpu around 60C full load encoding x264 from blu-ray which for me gets as hot as prime.

retardude48

Apr 1, 2009
Jul 29, 2006
Thanks rd, what a killer 1st post!

I'm going to call MC in Detroit and see if I can both confirm and get them to ship to me from the store.. yeah, probably no deal there.

Also, I have e-mail confirmation from Newegg that if you get a C0 and don't open the box, you can return it without restocking fee. So if anyone wants to roll those dice, you're only going to be out the cost of shipping the thing back. And the time it takes to wait for it. Plenty of people have been reporting getting D0 from NE, although this appears to be most likely if you're in California.

retardude48

Apr 1, 2009
Originally posted by: trajan
Thanks rd, what a killer 1st post!

I'm going to call MC in Detroit and see if I can both confirm and get them to ship to me from the store.. yeah, probably no deal there.

Also, I have e-mail confirmation from Newegg that if you get a C0 and don't open the box, you can return it without restocking fee. So if anyone wants to roll those dice, you're only going to be out the cost of shipping the thing back. And the time it takes to wait for it. Plenty of people have been reporting getting D0 from NE, although this appears to be most likely if you're in California.

Thanks. I participate in an lot of tech forums (Hard, evga, xtremesystems, and this) so its hard to keep up and post everywhere.

kyotousa

Feb 2, 2006
Originally posted by: ExarKun333
Originally posted by: kyotousa
When are they going to discontinue i7 920?

They just released a new stepping; why would they discontinue it?

You might see it phased out once the i5 is released, but likely not before.

oh ok, so when are they going to release the i5?

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
If you don't mind ebay there is a guy with 'em for $299 shipped and he looks legit!

DanK414

Oct 21, 2002
Sorry for the little sidetrack but I need to ask this question.

In light of the news from Intel's release date on the i7 950 on the CPU post, I was wondering if my best bet is to wait until i7 950 releases and then buy. I hear that there will be a good price drop on the 920 and that 940 will be around the price range of the 920. In addition, I take it my chance of getting a D0 will be much higher.

DanK414

Oct 21, 2002
Curious if anyone's gone to check for D0 at Microcenter. If anyone's already gone to Santa Clara, CA please let me know thanks.