i7 8700k low/jumpy Stress Test and Ingame Temps

Jornak

Aug 4, 2019
Hey there.

I just recently noticed that no matter which core ratio and voltage I set the temps are pretty low - 38c on all cores except for the one utilized up to 90% (in games,) that one jumps between 38 and ~50 on 4,4GHz @ 1.18volt and on 4.7 or 4.8GHz at 1.25V
Same for Stress Tests like XTU's simple test, jumping from 59 to 71 on a regular basis
No Throttle according to XTU

GTX1070
Kingston 16GB 3000MHz c15
seasonic 650w platinum
i7 8700k
asus rog strix z-390-E
Noctuah 14s Cooler

I also disabled all powersaving features in UEFI I could find.
EIST
Speedshift
C-States
set LoadLineCalibration to 6 then to 7

Those Temp jumps happen when the cooler runs at default profil or when I let it run at 100% permanently.

temps.png
Edit: I just run XTU Benchmark @5GHz and a terrible scratching noise occured either from VRM or CPU - Temps were fine, no throttlng, happens only when benchmarking not while stress testin- exactly like insects chirping, same rhythm and sound

Last edited:

Jornak

Aug 4, 2019
Sorry for the Double Post but I recorded a short Video showing Temps and Frametimedrops(other problem other thread)
Also chirping sound isn't from hdd and not from the gpu, could only be cpu or vrm (or RAM?)

Wow didn't expect that bad quality, sorry, but you can see the temps - I will record a video @ higher resolutions tomorrow and replace it