I7 3770K Overclocking / Asrock Z77 extreme4

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vectronic

Jan 9, 2013
Huh, been using that program for awhile... never even thought of that.

Seems to be in aida_bench[32/64].dll, might try poking around that later, might be possible to just wrap that with some small executable, I would assume it has to pass some sort of validation if it's timing things.

Or try setting a semi-stable voltage and then seeing what happens if/when it errors.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Huh, been using that program for awhile... never even thought of that.

Seems to be in aida_bench[32/64].dll, might try poking around that later, might be possible to just wrap that with some small executable, I would assume it has to pass some sort of validation if it's timing things.

Or try setting a semi-stable voltage and then seeing what happens if/when it errors.

I just ran it for a test. I could only get one instance to run, but I'm sure you could fix that with the right kind of wrapper (?). Was surprised to see the ISA has exploded from 700 instructions to now having ~2000 instructions.

Vectronic

Jan 9, 2013
Yeah, you could define which core of X cores it ran on, or let OS pick (if you're coding it yourself).

Mine (3570K) tested for 2500 instructions, but only showed results for 1723. Really not bored enough to go through all the SSE, MMX, etc and count them to see what the difference is.

Although it doesn't seem to be that many unique opcodes, there's lots with what appears to be different operands for the same instruction/function.

X (Y, Z)
X (Y, Y)
X (Y, Z, A, B)
etc.

And also, 16, 32, and 64 bit variations/values for some.

fschris

Jan 18, 2011
I have this board with a i5 3570K , I am looking for a after market air cooler for some mild OC'ing.... any suggestions?