I wore a Dolphins jacket at my Bay Area School today..

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Which is prodominantely made of Raiders fans :)

I might as well have been wearing a Nazi sign and waving the communist flag.

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Goldenbear, you get so much kudos right now. I **HATE** the Raiders. I would walk my pasty white ass all over wearing anything that Raider's fans hate... As long as i didnt die. :)

When you grew up in the Kingdome, you have to hate the Raiders. Hell, we could be playing a NFC team and at halftime there would be "You know you hate the Raiders" commercials :)

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Be & man & follow a real sport like Rugby League or Rugby Union, not some pansy sport where the men where padding & tights.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
In due time Dabanshee... we Yanks aren't quite ready for that yet :)

Pappy

Oct 10, 1999
Dabanshee,
I hate it when rugby fans claim that it is so much more hardcore than football and that football is only for pansies. First of all, the amount of ahtleticism and skill in football way outdoes rugby, but also, even with pads, those hits hurt. Rugby players act like they could walk out onto a football field with no pads and do just fine, but they are sadly mistaken.

jAcKeL

Aug 29, 2000
Pappy i really have no view on the matter, but one thing u have to take into account when it comes to rugby is that it is a non-stop sport... its like soccer, the players really have to have alotta cardiovascular and physical strenghth... while this is also the case in football, there are stops at the beginning of every play and well there is the option for a time out...

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
I agree about the rugby comments pappy.

OK, you people think your rugby players are so damn good, how about we make a rugby team formed entirely out of offensive and defensive linemen, and lets watch as your guys start pissing their pants and crying for their mommy's.

If the NFL was make entirely out of 180 pound guys it probably wouldnt use pads either. But guess what, there are 350 pound guys in there too, and they hurt.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
One scrub and all of those "far superior rugby players" would be dead.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Ah, but if they had to spend the whole game on the field, then you can bet those pansies in tights & padding who spend 90% of the time on the sidelines would be the 1st to wimp out.