I wonder if food To-Go order theft has gotten a lot higher

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Around here restaurants are just placing To-Go orders on a shelf anyone can go up to and look through for an order. I can't help but think you could get a lot of free food by just walking in, looking at the names and just grabbing one.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Around here restaurants are just placing To-Go orders on a shelf anyone can go up to and look through for an order. I can't help but think you could get a lot of free food by just walking in, looking at the names and just grabbing one.

I suspect most of those orders are for the gig workers driving for services like uber eats etc, the restaurant workers know their regular drivers. Also, if orders are piling up it’s because the customer opted not to tip. Those orders will sit there for eternity

Reactions: dank69

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I suspect most of those orders are for the gig workers driving for services like uber eats etc, the restaurant workers know their regular drivers. Also, if orders are piling up it’s because the customer opted not to tip. Those orders will sit there for eternity
Hmm...I'm not sure thats the case here. Some of the places don't even have the shelf by employees. I went into one place and there was a pickup shelf in a weird area off to the side out of sight. I stood there awkwardly for a little bit before just going to shelf, grabbing my order and leaving. Never saw a employee. But again maybe thats just here

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Hmm...I'm not sure thats the case here. Some of the places don't even have the shelf by employees. I went into one place and there was a pickup shelf in a weird area off to the side out of sight. I stood there awkwardly for a little bit before just going to shelf, grabbing my order and leaving. Never saw a employee. But again maybe thats just here
The two places I've gone that have done this in the past 6 months (Buffalo Wild Wings and Jersey Mike's) do have it near the cashier. I did have the same thought as you as I walked in and grabbed my food, "hm, wonder if anyone has just decided to grab a free meal". BWW only started doing it in the last 2 months or so.