I wish that lighting on cases, fans, gpus, cpus were meaningful. Why not use color to indicate the temperature of the component.

Clari

Feb 15, 2019
I am not a fan of lighted cases with glass side panels, because it isn't a show piece to me. That said, use lights on fans to indicate the temperature that the cpu is running at or the gpu. That would be meaningful and I would buy that. If you don't do it with different colors, then use light intensity to indicate how hard the cpu is working.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
because a lot of people want customization, more then practicality.

Personally i am not fond of LED's in general.
They hike up the price on stuff because it earns the title GAMER. and GAMER is synonymous almost with Enterprise now, in which they are both PREMIUM.

I remember back in 2009 i was buying 120mm Yate Loons Fans for about 3-4 dollars each.
I have yet to see a fan which has quality like a yate loon that doesnt run 15 dollars now because it has LED's and is targeted to GAMERS, or comes in a fancy box like Noctua.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
because a lot of people want customization, more then practicality.

Personally i am not fond of LED's in general.
They hike up the price on stuff because it earns the title GAMER. and GAMER is synonymous almost with Enterprise now, in which they are both PREMIUM.

I remember back in 2009 i was buying 120mm Yate Loons Fans for about 3-4 dollars each.
I have yet to see a fan which has quality like a yate loon that doesnt run 15 dollars now because it has LED's and is targeted to GAMERS, or comes in a fancy box like Noctua.

I honestly wish i would have bought a case of those old YL's when they were available.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
my NZXT HUE+ can do that and some other I guess "useful" things besides just looking blingy. MY CPU/GPU temps never really change so it's not a feature I use. But it's cool, and for some I'd imagine useful.

GrumpyMan

Diamond Member
May 14, 2001
On my Code X, with Aura, TRIXX and ICUE I have all RGB set to change colors depending on CPU load/temp. Is that what you mean? So I have green at 33C and below, blue from 34 to 45 and red for anything above temp wise for example.

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I am not a fan of lighted cases with glass side panels, because it isn't a show piece to me. That said, use lights on fans to indicate the temperature that the cpu is running at or the gpu. That would be meaningful and I would buy that. If you don't do it with different colors, then use light intensity to indicate how hard the cpu is working.

There is some of that out there, I believe my original H100i when set to auto I could set a color setting for different temperatures and had a pretty normal one so when it was going at full speed it would be red and would be white or purple at startup.

But yeah not for full practicality it would be nice if all this linked up RGB stuff could be managed easily to be run off of CPU or case/ambient temp so you could see the color adapt as you start gaming. But I think the people who generally want this stuff would rather it some epileptic rave light show then have it be any kind of display of useful information.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
But I think the people who generally want this stuff would rather it some epileptic rave light show then have it be any kind of display of useful information.
Pretty much. Kind of like sneakers with LED lights on/in them.