I Wish Sports Would Make Teams Based On Year You're Born And City You Live

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I wish sports put a bear on the field/court/gym. It would be a wildcard. Sometimes the bear is sedate and friendly, other times... not so much... The entire activity would have to be completed with the bear present. It would make sports much for fun for spectators.

Also surround the field with a 10 foot razor wire fence to ensure the players remain "inbounds" at ALL times lol!

For the playoffs they can "upgrade" to lions. ;)

Reactions: lxskllr

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I wish sports put a bear on the field/court/gym. It would be a wildcard. Sometimes the bear is sedate and friendly, other times... not so much... The entire activity would have to be completed with the bear present. It would make sports much for fun for spectators.
Performance enhancing drugs for the athletes, bears, maybe drugs for the bear too.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Performance enhancing drugs for the athletes, bears, maybe drugs for the bear too.

Maybe? :p

I'd say go with electric "stimulating collars" to get the bear/lions "motivated" ... also starve them for a few days prior to the game. (OP can be the test "athlete")

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Maybe? :p

I'd say go with electric "stimulating collars" to get the bear/lions "motivated" ... also starve them for a few days prior to the game. (OP can be the test subject)
That's not very sporting of you
7G3zITG.png

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006

hey i'm going to the bear pits tomorrow, you wanna come with?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I wish sports teams would actually change their names when they moved state. Utah Jazz? Los Angeles Lakers? Memphis Grizzlies? Come on.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I was born in 89 so I got to grow up with Doom and Quake. And later Unreal and Starcraft.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
This would be interesting with highly physical sports like MMA fighting. 250lbs guy vs a 110lbs guy, but hey, they were both born in 1994 so they are in the same class right? :p

That would actually be entertaining!

Golf commentary: "Woods is up by 1 and needs to get a birdie to even out this round. He goes for the putt.... beautifully done! Ohhhh! And the bear intercepted the ball, and now he's getting mauled, they tranquilized the bear and now the medics are coming, we think he should be ok but we won't know until after this commercial break." *Personal injury law firm commercial starts*