I watched Natural Born Killers yesterday on DVD

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I thought it was awesome! I remember seeing the movie years ago, but it was on a copy made from another tape. This was so clear, the scenes were gory and the sound was beautiful!

2 thumbs up! :beer::D

What did you guys think of the movie? My GF didnt like it. :(

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Somethin' about NBK still makes me smile. I love that movie... still need to pick it up on DVD though. I bought the 2-Tape extended VHS version when it came back ages ago.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
I loved that movie. Tommy Lee Jones cracks me up in that movie. His character is so funny looking. It's one hell of a sick and twisted movie, and I'm pretty much a fan of any movie Quentin Tarantino is involved in.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: anxi80
i enjoyed it. tarantino did a good job with the story.

My recollection is that he hated what Stone did with the screenplay, and tried to distance himself from the project.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I thought Natural Born Killers was kind of like a bad roller coaster: a lot of shaking with quite a bit of noise and a few ups and downs but at the end of the ride, there just wasn't that much thrill to it and it just left my head feeling rattled and numb.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
Originally posted by: anxi80
i enjoyed it. tarantino did a good job with the story.
My recollection is that he hated what Stone did with the screenplay, and tried to distance himself from the project.
this is true. but the original concept still originated from tarantino, and a few aspects of his script were still intact in the movie. but yes, he has pretty much distanced himself from the involvment in the movie, but it is still recognized as something tarantino played a part in. the tarantino version of the script was published, and i remember checking it out years ago. but still, i found the movie enjoyable. but i was a young, impressionable youth, could of have been the violence and gore factor that attracted me.

Czesia

Nov 22, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones
I thought Natural Born Killers was kind of like a bad roller coaster: a lot of shaking with quite a bit of noise and a few ups and downs but at the end of the ride, there just wasn't that much thrill to it and it just left my head feeling rattled and numb.

Wow, that was well put. That's sorta how I felt about it. :)

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
For those that hated it, or those that didnt understand, please read ebert's review, he hit the nail right on the head:

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1994/08/937174.html

Watching the movie, it occurred to me that I haven't met or talked with anyone who seemed genuinely, personally, angry that Simpson (or anyone else) might have committed those sad murders. Instead, people seem more intrigued and fascinated. The word grateful comes to mind. The case has given us all something to talk about. The barking dog. The blood tests. The ice cream that didn't melt. The matching glove. When the subject comes up at a party, you can almost feel the relief in the room, as everyone joins in: At last, a topic we can all get worked up about! Once we were shocked that the Romans threw Christians to the lions. Now we figure out a way to recycle the format into a TV show. That's what "Natural Born Killers" is all about.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Intake77
For those that hated it, or those that didnt understand, please read ebert's review, he hit the nail right on the head:

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_reviews/1994/08/937174.html

Watching the movie, it occurred to me that I haven't met or talked with anyone who seemed genuinely, personally, angry that Simpson (or anyone else) might have committed those sad murders. Instead, people seem more intrigued and fascinated. The word grateful comes to mind. The case has given us all something to talk about. The barking dog. The blood tests. The ice cream that didn't melt. The matching glove. When the subject comes up at a party, you can almost feel the relief in the room, as everyone joins in: At last, a topic we can all get worked up about! Once we were shocked that the Romans threw Christians to the lions. Now we figure out a way to recycle the format into a TV show. That's what "Natural Born Killers" is all about.

I consider any movie that puts me into REM sleep absolute trash. IMO it should have been called Natural Boring Killers.