I was thinking of making myself a sub amplifier..

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
Saw it at some college, some guys science project type thing...

I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to make these things/how much it will cost, and what ill need?

Are there any schematics available online? I couldnt find anything very useful

Thanks everyone! :)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
you can also check out diyaudio.com, but that's geared more towards home audio applications...you'll find people there that can do anything though.

Klandestine

Jan 8, 2005
you'd better be a soldering magician, that's all i have to say...

I made a simple 25watt amplifier my freshman year in EE. It was lots of fun, really hard, but without the extremely complicated feedback circuits you'll get lots of distortion and wont be happy with what you get...

if you plan to use it for amplifying, just buy one.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Klandestine
you'd better be a soldering magician, that's all i have to say...

I made a simple 25watt amplifier my freshman year in EE. It was lots of fun, really hard, but without the extremely complicated feedback circuits you'll get lots of distortion and wont be happy with what you get...

if you plan to use it for amplifying, just buy one.
You don't need feedback for low distortion.

WarDemon666

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2000
Thanks for all the replies :)

I could solder pretty good, ive made a few things so far, some strobe lights and beat sensor things, made an IR receiver, fixed a bunch of computer parts with soldering, etc etc.. I should be good doing this..

for the 500 watt sub amp, thats like exactly what I wanted. How much will it cost? "WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AMPLIFIER AS YOUR FIRST PROJECT" but ive already soldered before, and i know quite a bit about electronics..

What do you guys think?

I want to use it for my 12" shiva :)

Thanks!!