I was rubbed up and down by a strong oily man today

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
..But me and my fiance thought the spa treatment was on the high side of the price range.

So this was our first time going to a "rejuvenation" spa and massage therapy. For a mere 1 hour session, the price of admission was $200 before tip for the both of us.

So what do you guys think of message therapy? Worth it? I always hear chiropractors are better than massage therapists, but I've yet to try one.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
see my sig.

Edit: You paid 100 bucks each for a massage? dude you got robbed.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: AlgaeEater
..But me and my fiance thought the spa treatment was on the high side of the price range.

So this was our first time going to a "rejuvenation" spa and massage therapy. For a mere 1 hour session, the price of admission was $200 before tip for the both of us.

So what do you guys think of message therapy? Worth it? I always hear chiropractors are better than massage therapists, but I've yet to try one.

just go to a pain clinic... doctors, chiropractors and massage therapists all on one roof, and for whatever you need, you go to who is most appropriate..

i was going to one for a while. they would hook you up to some electro pulse thing for your back, then you saw the chiropractor, relaxed, talked to the doctor, then spent about 20 minutes with a massage therapists.. you walked out feeling like heaven

KnickNut3

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2001
they're totally different. Massage therapists work on muscle tension, etc.
chiropractors work on aligning your bones and joints so you can move more efficiently.

I love my chiropractor (not to mention that insurance covers more and it won't cost $200 either way). Chiropractors are doctors, massage therapists are not.

That's not to say massage therapy isn't worthwhile. I just don't find them comparable. Together they may be useful (never tried it) but it's definitely not an either/or thing.

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK

just go to a pain clinic... doctors, chiropractors and massage therapists all on one roof, and for whatever you need, you go to who is most appropriate..

i was going to one for a while. they would hook you up to some electro pulse thing for your back, then you saw the chiropractor, relaxed, talked to the doctor, then spent about 20 minutes with a massage therapists.. you walked out feeling like heaven

Were you under some type of plan in order to get those treatments? Most clinics I know of usually don't let you in unless you literally have a medical condition (or are recovering from surgery or an injury) in order to use those people. Me and fiance were just kinda doing it to try it out and wanted to make it a "health routine" like we do other things. It's expensive as hell though from the looks of it if you go private.

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
Originally posted by: KnickNut3
I love my chiropractor (not to mention that insurance covers more and it won't cost $200 either way). Chiropractors are doctors, massage therapists are not.

I dont want to bring up this thing again, but Chiropractors are not doctors.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: thecrecarc

you are right chiros are not MD's :roll:

mulletgut

Sep 3, 2002
Chiropractors are doctors,
They aren't doctors actually. They like to call themselves "doctors of chiropratics", just like you can have a doctorate of engineering.
I think "witch-doctors" fits better. So maybe you're right.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: bctbct
No offense to any chiros here but...

quack, quack, quack

who else is going to work on your spine?

i know alot of chiros will tell you that you need all kinds of treatment, but most doctors are like that.

ive gone to see a chiro about back pain and after he looked at my spine and popped my back a few times the pain went away.

worked for me.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006

quack, quack, quack

i know alot of chiros will tell you that you need all kinds of treatment, but most doctors are like that.

ive gone to see a chiro about back pain and after he looked at my spine and popped my back a few times the pain went away.

worked for me.

It goes away as long as you see them twice a week for...oh...the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I am thinking I should move this to the Love and Relationship forum.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

chiropractors and massage therapists are completely different. we treat different things in different ways. so, to say one's better than the other is kinda difficult to assess. it depends on what needs to be done.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
they're totally different. Massage therapists work on muscle tension, etc.
chiropractors work on aligning your bones and joints so you can move more efficiently.

That's not to say massage therapy isn't worthwhile. I just don't find them comparable. Together they may be useful (never tried it) but it's definitely not an either/or thing.

:thumbsup:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: thecrecarc

hmm... i guess 5 academic years of medical education, diagnosing, taking and assessing tests, treating patients, and taking national and state board exams disqualifies someone from being a doctor because they choose not to prescribe medications to mask symptoms of problems rather than actually treat the problem.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Darwin333

quack, quack, quack

The guy who worked on mine was a neurosurgeon.

what a shame :(

it always upsets me to hear about people who didn't realize that regular chiropractic treatments could keep most people from eventually having to have surgery for spinal problems... now that they've had surgery on their spine, they're in a permanent and accelerated degenerative state...

it sucks to know that even though someone might feel fine now after spinal surgery, they're going to be way worse off down the road because of it :(

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: TruePaige

quack, quack, quack

worked for me.

It goes away as long as you see them twice a week for...oh...the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

not true hehe