I was robbed

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I delivered to an very wealthy apartment complex the other day, and as usual I left my doors unlocked and windows down as I brought a customer their pizza. In a span of 5 minutes, my CD visor holder thingy-ma-bob was stolen by some little twerp

I was pretty pissed off, I usually only roll my windows up and lock my doors in bad neighborhoods - and in almost 3 years I've never had anything stolen from my vehicle while delivering - all of my Favorite albums were in it. I'm not really pissed off, because that's a risk I take for the sake of convenience, I guess.

That said, I guess now is a good a time as any to try out ALLOFMP3.com, I figure it shouldn't hurt to redownload my albums since I did legally buy them - so in essence I'm stealing back what is rightfully mine! HA! Their service is actually kind of nice, their explorer program works great and I've got my whole collection back :)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
you do realize that rich suburban white kids commit just as much if not more crimes then thoes who live in bad areas

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
you do realize that rich suburban white kids commit just as much if not more crimes then thoes who live in bad areas

Not from the standpoint of being a pizza driver - from experience, lower class black neighborhoods tend to have more theft (everything from car toppers, walmart antenna smily faces, pizzas, to license plates - robberies too). In the three years I've been delivering, the most I've heard of getting stolen in a middle class neighborhoods or above was one incident where a pizza was stolen out of a delivery drivers car (well, besides this incident).

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
I don't think you call that "robbed."
I thought someone was physicall holding a knife or gun to rob you.
at least you didn't really got rob, just some cds.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: DaWhim

Thats called being mugged. You are mugged when someone robs you by physical force.

Being robbed, is when a theif steals something of yours.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: digitalsm

Thats called being mugged. You are mugged when someone robs you by physical force.

rob·ber·y ( P )
n. pl. rob·ber·ies

The act or an instance of unlawfully taking the property of another by the use of violence or intimidation.

bur·gla·ry ( P )
n. pl. bur·gla·ries

The act of entering a building or other premises with the intent to commit theft.

mugged, mug·ging, mugs
v. tr.

1. Informal. To photograph (a person's face) for police files.
2. To threaten or assault (a person) with the intent to rob: arrested the thief who mugged the tourists.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I never leave my original cds in my car. I copy the cd and use that in my car.

Originally posted by: axelfox
Originally posted by: digitalsm

rob·ber·y ( P )
n. pl. rob·ber·ies

The act or an instance of unlawfully taking the property of another by the use of violence or intimidation.

bur·gla·ry ( P )
n. pl. bur·gla·ries

The act of entering a building or other premises with the intent to commit theft.

mugged, mug·ging, mugs
v. tr.

1. Informal. To photograph (a person's face) for police files.
2. To threaten or assault (a person) with the intent to rob: arrested the thief who mugged the tourists.

You know, I was gonna type "You weren't robbed. You were burglarized." But you covered it nicely. :)

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: pyonir

Same here. Not only from a robbery standpoint, but from a "if it gets scratched or lost, who cares?" standpoint, we're good to go. :)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Originally posted by: pyonir

Same here. Not only from a robbery standpoint, but from a "if it gets scratched or lost, who cares?" standpoint, we're good to go. :)

Exactly.