I want to start a Forum on my website... anyone know how to make one?

Madcowz

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2000
I have to update/edit this website for my organization and I want to create a message forum, but don't know where to begin. Anyone know how, and can point me in the right direction? That'd be awesome if it could look as good and be as functional as Anandtech, but I doubt that's gonna happen as I have little to no budget to work with... if I could do this for free though, I'd be stoked!

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
what kind of server is it hosted on? You might want to check, as a lot of server packages come with forum software

Madcowz

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2000
It's hosted on my University's server, which I doubt has any of those tools. I'll check out those 3 packages... thanks a bunch!

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
there are a lot of free ones. php/asp based ones are quite easy to find and most hosts should support either one. windows servers running IIS support-asp, unix running apache or anything can support php.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Heh, just integrate with EZBoard.com. It's free which is the best thing. heh. Runs on their servers, their software, etc.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Heh, just integrate with EZBoard.com. It's free which is the best thing. heh. Runs on their servers, their software, etc.

their ads, their pop-ups

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Madcowz
It's hosted on my University's server, which I doubt has any of those tools. I'll check out those 3 packages... thanks a bunch!

If your university's server has PHP and MySQL you can manually install InvisionBoard FREE forum software which is used here and here.

Very easy to intsall, takes about 10 minutes and it's ready.