I want to hook up my cases headphone and mic jacks to my SB X-fi card

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
What I want to do is take advantage of my new cases headphone and mic outputs but i dont have the breakout box to the sound card, and even if I did I shutter the thought of having to leave my front case bays open when ever I wanted to use it.

Is there a website, or do you know what headers on the X_FI Extreme Gamer fatality would be so I can jack into it without the need of the breakout box?

Help on the asap would be great. I am finishing up on my build and that is the last thing Id like to do. I am searching on the net but cannot seem to come up with anything, I must be wording it wrong I guess.

TIA!

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
http://www.xtremesystems.org/f...howthread.php?t=107388
http://audigy2zshowto.blogspot.com/

I haven't tried any of this yet, but once I get money on my card I'm making a Digikey order and trying to put this together. It shouldn't be so bad, with steady hands and decent soldering skills.

EDIT: a note... it seems a lot of people have had problems with the mic not working as it should; I think it boils down to a voltage problem, but I never found a definitive answer on how to fix it. Personally, I'll never use my front panel mic anyway, so it's a moot point for me.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Thanks but yesterday as I put it all in my new case said screw SB again. Kinda glad I did in a way. Granted my games dont sound near as good, but since it is used for movies and games, the ALC882 chip I found out does analog and digital at the same time. Not only that I dont have to go into any menu and change around my settings between digital sounds for the pc, and having it pass through DD or DTS to my Z5500 set up. Does it all automatically and all I have to do is hit a button to switch between analog and digital on my speakers and thats it. No having to go through 5 billion steps just to watch a movie anymore in DD or DTS if I wanted to use the digital outputs. Something else I couldnt do on the SB card without buying yet another cable to go digital out, and in doing so would lose line in and Mic, and to do so on my old Hercules Digifire card would have to go into user panel, switch over to pass through, then reboot the computer. I am beginning to like this chipset more and more. Only complaint is the games dont sound as good, but will do just fine for me.

But thanks for the find. Going to leave this up incase anyone else had the same question as I did needing an answer.