i want to delid my 5960x

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
The best way to drop the temperature that low is to turn off the computer. Unless there's an earthquake nearby the system should be rock stable.

Well yeah, if he delids the thing and then laps the contacts for maximum cooling, it should drop the power draw to 0 and the thermals to ambient. The problem then is the stability will be bad enough it won't boot, but the quest for low temperatures must continue.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
^ So I need a custom loop. So i'm probably going expand my h240 + 1 more pump + 1 res + 1 radiator then.

I would agree with Techhog that you need to get a better idea of why Prime95 is pushing your temps so high. Watch those volts. Learning more about your motherboard's voltage controls would be a good thing.

I am not a big custom water advocate, but in the long run, it seems to me that you'd be better off working with a traditional custom loop rather than trying to expand the h240-x. Also, look into upgrading your TIM once you've settled on which cooling solution you wish to use for your system. Indigo Xtreme is probably the best on the market.

If you have any further solutions about addressing the cooling of your CPU, the folks over in Cases & Cooling would be more than happy to address your concerns.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Well yeah, if he delids the thing and then laps the contacts for maximum cooling, it should drop the power draw to 0 and the thermals to ambient. The problem then is the stability will be bad enough it won't boot, but the quest for low temperatures must continue.

Now that's just cruel :awe: