i want to buy one new soundcard and i am between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1

Jun 14, 2018
#hi i want to buy one new soundcard and i am between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1

i dont know which to buy?

what is the difference between Asus Strix Raid DLX and Asus Essence STX II 7.1 ? and which is the best?
i want the soundcard for games, music and movies

so which soundcard are you suggested me to buy?
Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1? or
Sound BlasterX AE-5??

i am playing games ,, music and movies/

in music i am hearing everything trance house all the kind of music ..
i am playing all the kind of games././

WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN Asus Strix Raid DLX or Asus Essence STX II 7.1?? and Sound BlasterX AE-5??
.if i buy Asus Strix Raid DLX will it be good for music and movies?? will i hear in songs very clear and beauty sound?

and i have one more question with Asus Strix Raid DLX can i put and one custom 5.1 speakers?

Asus Strix Raid DLX supports only gaming headsets? or it suports all the kind of headsets?

so which soundcard to buy from these 3??
Strix Raid DLX or Essence STX II or Sound BlasterX AE-5??

some people say that Strix Raid DLX is good

another people say that is garbage

some another people say that asus stx 2.7.1 is very good

some people say that is not good

so from these 3 which one is the best??

do you believe that Soundblaster AE-5 is better than asus stx ii 7.1 and asus dlx??
can you tell me why is better from these 3?

i am asking because i dont know

the most people say that dlx is garbage product
another people say that asus stx 7.1 is old and has problems with drivers

some another people say that soynblaster AE-5 has problems with the souroynd and the bass and with the volume..

for this i dont which to buy?

can you tell me please which to buy please?? from these 3??

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
They all will make your gaming, movies, and music sound like a shimmering mermaids. Or you can just use your motherboard's sound, or buy whichever one is cheaper, or has the best availability in your region. I'd buy the Soundblaster, or the Essence STX II, but probably the Soundblaster.

vailr

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pick a motherboard that already includes the latest version of Realtek audio chip, the ALC1220.
Which should be more than adequate for almost any kind of PC audio usage.

namx01

Nov 27, 2012
Are you for real? I have seen you on a couple other forums today asking about cpus and video cards and just reasking the same question when someone gives you an answer. Do you do this when you go grocery shopping?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Are you for real? I have seen you on a couple other forums today asking about cpus and video cards and just reasking the same question when someone gives you an answer. Do you do this when you go grocery shopping?

I've seen the same questions posted word-for-word on at least four other hardware sites, and like you pointed out, when an answer is given, it's always "But they said this".

Seriously, asking how long a GPU will "last" before even it's even released, and not willing to put any time into reading an actual review. I mean there are thousands of reviews out there for the 8700k comparing it to previous generation CPUs. If a person wants a new PC, but doesn't want to put any effort into it, they should just buy a pre-built PC like Dell or HP. I don't mind helping people who are confused about something, but come on........

EDIT June 17th:

It looks like one of the other hardware sites has removed the user's posts as spam, and it looks like they have also worn out their welcome at Tom's Hardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers...buy-asus-strix-raid-dlx-asus-essence-stx.html

The trick now is actually buying something, vice asking/demanding in an obnoxious tone with repeated 'tell me now what is best!/'tell me now which I should buy, darn it!'-fashion in 4 different sections daily....often repating it 3 times per question....
(Granted, one method is much less expensive...)

BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!

Last edited: