I want to buy a mini bar....

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I thought a mini bar are those things with food and drink in them in hotel rooms.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I thought you were only 15 or something...ask your dad for a key to the liquor cabinet

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: dartworth
I thought you were only 15 or something...ask your dad for a key to the liquor cabinet

ppl with screened porches in a high end community ;)

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Cheap?
I assume this will be a dry bar...
Buy some glass bricks, counter top (use old table or get laminated particleboard), and some shelving.

Ghetto...but cheap :)

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I'm with giantpinkbunnyhead, build your own. I've built lots of furniture and a bar. Design what you want and build.

Other ideas, look at thrift stores and sellers of old and outdated furniture. Buy a pre-made home bar from them on the cheap. I'm good at finding those things though, I can find old thrift stores in almost any major city.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: uberman
I'm with giantpinkbunnyhead, build your own. I've built lots of furniture and a bar. Design what you want and build.

Other ideas, look at thrift stores and sellers of old and outdated furniture. Buy a pre-made home bar from them on the cheap. I'm good at finding those things though, I can find old thrift stores in almost any major city.

Mansion dismantler's too.

Depending on this guy's decor, it may not be a project for a 'shade-tree' carpenter.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Search your local news paper ads and thrift stores if you want to go cheap. I was so tempted to get one that I saw on our local online ad service for only $150. It was a very nice L shaped one but damnit I didn't have a truck to pick it up.