I want to be able to access the internet at work, but I am not part of the internet users group.

DPK

Jan 10, 2000
I think that if file clerks have internet access, then I should as an IT consultant. Is there a program I can download to gain me internet access?

rmrf

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I wouldn't try to get around this kind of stuff. They have you blocked for a reason, it's called work.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Anyone find it ironic that the IT consultant is asking us what to do? :D

DPK

Jan 10, 2000
Considering that my work is the dullest thing ever, and that my consulting company is getting over half of my pay, I really don't care what happens. I don't know a whole lot about networking and firewalls... just the easy solution is good enough ;)

Wahsapa

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
how far is your computer from the nearist computer with internet access? maybe set up a covert wi-fi network for some atot access :)

DPK

Jan 10, 2000
I was under the impression that I could just install a program which will fix my problem.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: DPK
I was under the impression that I could just install a program which will fix my problem.

Originally posted by: Nebor
Anyone find it ironic that the IT consultant is asking us what to do? :D

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: DPK

Oh wow....and I was worried about breaking into consulting when I graduate in May.

imported_FishTaco

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2004
You're not going to be able to bypass the company's security. Since you're interested in searching for a new job, why not try to get on the night shift for data entry. That way you'll have your day free to go search for jobs and go on interviews.

ASK THE COMMUNITY