I want more guns

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
its so hard to stop :(

Here is my purchase order:

Ruger P95 9mm
WASR2 AK74
AR15

Then I went home and got some of my dads guns:
Savage 340C .30 30
Mossberg 12g Shotgun
22 Revolver

And now my list of things to buy is growing. I just got my CCW, so I need to buy a nice 380 or something small to carry with me. I also want to build a 457 SOCOM with 24" barrel to put my new 6-18x50 bushnell scope onto. AGHH someone make me stop spending money.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: TheNewbie
The 2nd amendment is totally outdated.
Bearing arms is not a right, its a threat to society. Because (though I'm no suggestion OP or anyone else here is but) there are too many retards in this country who bear arms and the results can be viewed on the news on a daily basis.

So if someone busts into your house intent on robbing you and/or raping your wife or daughters, what do you do? Ask them nicely to leave?

I have a feeling this guy wont ever be married...

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
The first batch of guns I bought were all "practical" guns in common calibers. Once I had a nice collection of guns, I decided to get into reloading so i could save a little money on ammo. After getting all my reloading equipment, I realized that I wouldn't cost me much money to buy dies for less common calibers like the 10mm, 500 S&W, or .357 Sig. I absolutely don't need more guns, but it sure is hard to keep my mind from thinking about how awesome it would be to own a S&W 500

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Bearing arms is not a right, its a threat to society. Because (though I'm no suggestion OP or anyone else here is but) there are too many retards in this country who bear arms and the results can be viewed on the news on a daily basis.

I love your "logic".

Since back yard swimming pools are more dangerous than guns are, pools must be banned.

(yes, sending your child to someone's house with a swimming pool is more dangerous than sending your child to someone's house with guns in it.)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sjwaste
Is that range open to the public, Triumph? I go to the NRA range, but I've never been to an outdoor one.

No, you have to be military or DOD civilian to join up. It's pretty cheap, though. I don't know why I haven't joined yet, procrastinating I guess. Signing up also allows you to join the CMP and get the benefits of that program.

There is an outdoor range that's free for the public near Quantico. If you take 17 from Fredericksburg north off of 95 about 25 minutes, and make a left onto about 5 minutes of back roads, there is a state park there with a sighting in range. I think it is 100 yards, not sure but it is definitely at least 50.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Oceandevi

So if someone busts into your house intent on robbing you and/or raping your wife or daughters, what do you do? Ask them nicely to leave?

I have a feeling this guy wont ever be married...

Please allow me to post in his defense:

"With the advent of in vitro fertilization, sexual reproduction is outdated and primitive. The though of actually touching a woman in that manner offends me."

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Break out the .50 caliber and go to town?

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006

just for that, i took out 3 of my guns and pointed them at some babies, puppies and kittens.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001

You sure helped to prove that point!