I Voted Stickers!!! Get ready!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Makes it easy to point out the people to blame for the BS we end up with.

Yes... those without stickers (ie those who did not vote). Inevitably the same people who will bitch and complain the most.

nickbits

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2008
i went to vote at 11.. 2hr line. left and will try again at 4.

2008 i waited maybe 5 min. either i picked a bad time or voter turnout is many times higher this year. judging everyone in line, i'm guessing they were obama supporters.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I guess public schools just dont teach history any more.

You do realize this is the only country in the world with a general election where people not only choose to avoid voting, but actually brag about it?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I guess public schools just dont teach history any more.

You do realize this is the only country in the world with a general election where people not only choose to avoid voting, but actually brag about it?

2000 - the people vote for you, and you still lose

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Wearing mine! Its a sticker, who cares. If I go around spouting my opinions and telling you who to vote for, sure, but i'm just wearing a sticker that says I voted...

Feb 6, 2007
We have vote by mail, so I've never even seen an "I Voted" sticker. Middle America is so charming in a bizarre way.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I voted. I also met one of the Congressional candidates outside the polls. I think she likes me.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I'm just glad the fracking phone calls and ads will stop.

:thumbsup: I can't wait for tomorrow - its going to be like an effing holiday. No more commercial spots jam packed with campaign ads, no more flyers on my door to throw away, so much less junk mail....

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I fail to see why doing a very minor act of civic duty equates to "passive aggresive nerds." Please explain.

<---proudly wearing his sticker now.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Get ready for your coworkers to wear their "I Voted" stickers today.

Passive aggressive nerds...

Translated, " I'm to friggin lazy to go and vote so I'm annoyed by the stickers, oh yea, I'm gonna complain about everything after the election"..

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
2000 - the people vote for you, and you still lose

Someone doesn't understand the electoral college and the reason for its existence.

Don't worry - your state is one of a handful that believes we should have a direct public majority-decided election. (wait, are you in Cali? I thought your location said you were, perhaps at some point, because it doesn't say a location now).

Once enough states (however many it takes to represent 270 electoral voters) pass the same law (just under halfway there at this point in time), we'll move away from the electoral college. :\

edit:
oh and I've never actually worn that sticker after voting.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
Didn't vote here. Why? Because I don't care who wins the election. Regardless of who's president, nothing really changes.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Someone doesn't understand the electoral college and the reason for its existence.

Don't worry - your state is one of a handful that believes we should have a direct public majority-decided election. (wait, are you in Cali? I thought your location said you were, perhaps at some point, because it doesn't say a location now).

Once enough states (however many it takes to represent 270 electoral voters) pass the same law (just under halfway there at this point in time), we'll move away from the electoral college. :\

edit:
oh and I've never actually worn that sticker after voting.

someone does not understand trolling
and no i dont live in cali, never have, hopefully never will

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The reason for the electoral college is to limit the public citizens power and give it all to handful of rich slaver landowning whites.

The sooner america wakes up and demands something better, the happier we will all be.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Voted 2 blocks away from the house. Was 3rd in line by the boot at about 12:10 pm. Lady told there was a lot more earlier. Did the electronic vs. written voting that had 13 pages for President, Judges (retain/kick out), etc. Waited for the pages to printout and confirmed my votes. Returned the electronic card and was given a "I voted!" sticker.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I voted @ 6:30am on my way to work.
I vote at a tiny precinct in the middle of nowhere.
I was there with 1 other guy and the 4 80yo poll worker ladies.

People who wear their "I Voted" stickers are the same people who wear their blood donor band-aid all day.

Last edited:

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
My wife and I voted at 7:45am today, and we were voters #124 & #125 in our small town. Looks like we'll have a good turn out, and I think I heard the state of WI is expected to see over 80% of registered voters. No stickers given out at our polling place.

I was there with 1 other guy and the 4 80yo poll worker ladies.

Haha, we have those too.

Last edited:

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
Didn't vote here. Why? Because I don't care who wins the election. Regardless of who's president, nothing really changes.

I was going to post in this thread to the person who made the comment that we are the only country with a general election where people don't vote and brag about it.

Can you guess what my comment was going to be, how it applies to your post, and why its probably good for the rest of us that they dont?

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
I was going to post in this thread to the person who made the comment that we are the only country with a general election where people don't vote and brag about it.

Can you guess what my comment was going to be, how it applies to your post, and why its probably good for the rest of us that they dont?

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit what you think about me and other people who don't vote.

I don't vote because my vote doesn't elect the president.
I don't vote because my state is already pre-decided to be republican.
I don't vote for the president because regardless of candidate, nothing will immediately change.

However, I do vote in local elections for local officials where my vote actually counts, and I'm voting for officials who directly impact my way of life. But anything on a national scale? Who the hell cares? Regardless of who I vote for, they think along party lines and don't think for themselves, so why should I care?

If you really want to make a difference, people should be voting for their city councils/mayors/sheriffs/judges/etc.

I'm not bragging that I didn't vote, I'm just merely pointing out that bragging that you did vote is kinda stupid.