I used to think that even if Barack Obama lost...

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I'm not sure either one would be an improvement. Both certainly have potential to be better than Bush, but each one scares me in a different way.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: bamacre
I'm not sure either one would be an improvement. Both certainly have potential to be better than Bush, but each one scares me in a different way.

+1

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I think even a McCain admin would be an improvement over Bush, particularly if McCain reverses the recent trend of assigning meaningful work to the VP. If McCain keeps Palin on a short leash and only lets her out to bite the neighbors once in a while, he will be much better than Bush. If he continues to pander to the Christian right in his party, things will stay ugly.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Usually when the "other" party screws things up, they don't deserve a continuation-second chance. You give the other guy the ball.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Well, I went from saying I'd be happy with either to thinking I'd really be much happier with Obama, but I still think McCain would be an improvement over Bush. Most of the crap he's been saying and doing recently is a reaction to his doing poorly in the polls. If he wins, by the time he takes office, things will be very different.

However, at this point I'm thinking it won't much matter who we have as president because they'll inherit so much crap. I don't think either one can really do much about it.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: sportage
Usually when the "other" party screws things up, they don't deserve a continuation-second chance. You give the other guy the ball.

so what your saying is the republicans will win back control of congress now that the dems have screwed the pooch. thier ratings are lower then bushs.