I use my credit card for everything. Anyone else?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
I use my Bestbuy rewards credit card for everything and pay it off every month. The only things I don't put on my card are my truck payment and my insurance. I RARELY have cash in my wallet and I hate using my debit card considering it takes days before my transactions show up online.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
Just picked up a Citi Dividends Platinum Select card to pick up any purchases that dont accept my AMEX blue. It's a 1% cash back card, with 2% on everyday purchases. The main reason I got it is they consider utilities an everyday purchase, so I'm going to get 2% cash back on my cable bill, gas bill, etc. Now my debit card will never get used.

Sweet.

Might have to check that one out. I'm looking for a visa/mastercard compliment for the costco amex I just got. I like to have just two cards, its time to retire the crapital one.

I'd pay everything with a CC if I could, I HATE cash and you get consumer protection/rewards with a CC. I wish I could pay my mortgage with a CC...

Check out cardratings.com. That is where I read about this card. There are other Visa/MC cards that have slightly better cash back benefits, but the extra cash for utilities is what drew me to this one, since that is one of the few things that doesnt take AMEX. Also, my wife buys most of hers and my sons clothes online from target/old navy/gap/urban outfitters, and citi has a merchant network that gives you extra cash back for these sites if you link through their merchant shopping site. 6% cash back for target, and I think 3% for the others.