I upgraded from a celeron 400 to an XP 2000+ and I don't see any difference

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
oh, also what else are must have drivers for this mobo? I already did AGP and IDE.

SharkyTM

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: OS
Originally posted by: tcsenter
It's not very intelligent to say that there isn't a difference between an XP2000+ and a Cele 400.
He did not say there isn't a difference between the two, he said he upgraded and saw no difference. Get it? Shall I explain the difference?
I upgraded from a celeron 400 to an XP 2000+ and I don't see any difference
Clearly, there is something 'wrong' with your configuration. Even if you had an old hard drive that was posing a bottleneck, you should see a LITTLE difference. Are you sure that your system is not running in DOS compatibility mode or something?

thx.

I'm dead serious while putzing around on my desktop/windows/internet, I don't see any difference. Games like UT do run better now, they don't stall and bottom out, but I'm not really a gamer.

Everything else in my system was semimodern before the upgrade. 20G 7200 (boot), 80G 7200 (swap), 120G 5400, 32mb gtsv. PC133 SDRAM, 768 mb on old mobo, 512 on new one (only two slots on new mobo).

I should mention I actually had dual celerons before I guess I feel like I wasted money on computing power that I don't see.

Damn... if you'd have said that in the first place....
Also, just in win2k, the smp on the board would have been working. Its only on single-proc.only apps where a high end single proc. computer shines... :)