I tried to break my controller last night

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I got so enraged playing Rocket League, that I actually tried to break my controller in my hands. I twisted the Xbox 360 controller (PC version) so hard in my hands, that the batteries lost connection and the seams opened up from the torsion. That's when I thought I was almost there, so I REALLY put my back into it (literally) and twisted my hands so hard and released a primal grunt as if I was in the gym. I almost injured a back muscle, damn near pulling my LAT in my back trying to break this controller.
It didn't break. Not even close. Game controller designers know they must be designed to withstand severe gamer rage. This controller passes.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
Sounds like a review someone would give to the game on steam. Followed with "10/10".

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I don't know, I've got pretty mad at CoD 4 trying to get that Mile High Club cheevo.

Hobbies aren't just a relaxation thing for a lot of people. It's something they like to do, and typically want to get better at. Improvement can come with some frustration.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
DS4 breaks just by looking at it. I had one fall off my ottoman onto the kitchen floor and it acted funny next time I used it in BF4 (right trigger caused me to jump instead of shoot, moving forward wouldn't work, etc).

My first XB1 controller had a barely working left trigger, dunno why but I traded it in at EBgames for store credit and bought another controller which works fine. My 360 controller on the other hand still works since 2008.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
It's just a game, dude. Please don't have children. They will frustrate you more than a video game ever could and a child's neck will not take well to similar uncontrolled scary outbursts of violent rage.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
437-Brool_story_bro.jpg

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I played again last night and did well. Also, I have children. The hospital sent me home with them without an instruction manual so I assume anything is fine, right?

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
My days of game-induced rage are behind me. Mine were never all that destructive anyway. Now, my little brother...lol.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
My days of game-induced rage are behind me. Mine were never all that destructive anyway. Now, my little brother...lol.
Yeah, last time I broke a controller it was one of these

atari_joystick_3rdparty01.jpg

It was that damn Aliens game on Commodore 64. really all that happened though was the rubber sleeve came off the core.