I thought unlocking an iPhone was supposed to be simple

TheSiege

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2004
I have an iphone 5c that was given to me from forever ago. Its a sprint phone. But since its not tied to any account and I cant give them the previous account holders name and info, they wont unlock it. I cant even find a way to jailbreak it online so I can unlock it. I cant use facetime or anything because it tries to activate but obviously it cant. I like to leave it at the house for my 6 year old to use. She used my old ipad to facetime if she needed anything.

For the love, does anyone have any idea how I would unlock this thing?

CA19100

Jun 29, 2012
The whole point of the iCloud lock is to prevent stolen phones from being used. If it could be bypassed, it wouldn't be effective. Jailbreak has nothing to do with it.

If you can't find or don't know the owner of the phone, and it had "Find my Phone" turned on when it was given away, it's a brick.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
I don't think OP has a problem with iCloud lock, but I could be wrong. It sounds more like they have a problem with Sprint, and there's very little (apparently) that Apple can do about Sprint being a jerk about what devices will work on their network. I ran into a similar problem when I tried to give a Sprint iPhone 5 to a friend.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
if u dont know or get in touch the previous owner, the phone is now a brick.
or sell it for parts on ebay.