I thought the bottom falling out of the IT market weeded out the idiots?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BuckleDownBen

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
Just about every consultant I've worked with has been a complete idiot. The more they talk, the less they know, but it makes the idiots that make the decisions more impressed, so they get the big bucks. Its not just people that are morons, its entire companies. I worked for a company where the owner felt sorry his old-ass, idiot friend and made him the CEO. He knew nothing about programming or the business the company was in. Over the next year *every* single person that had any kind of skills left the company, to be replace by higher priced managers. We had 20 clients, and none of them got any support.

I found the bottom line to be that if you work with all idiots you owe it to yourself to look for a new job, even if their aren't a lot of jobs on the market. If you are in the IT business, you should look at the classifieds every week just to see what's there. If you work with idiots, its too hard to increase your skills. You need to work with people at your technical level or higher.