I thought being POTUS would be easier...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Voters: "We downing in debt and misery, help us!"
Trump: "I'll fight bad trade and bad hombres, believe me. Nobody knows bad hombres like me. You'll get your jobs back!"
Hillary: "Trump is a racist that said hombres... bad man, vote for me!"

Yes, it's time for a narrative that speaks to helping people. Less hate against the GOP, more love for the lost voter.

You forgot...
Clinton: here is my ten point plan for rural America. We will invest in community and technical colleges and retrain those that are being left behind. I want to raise the minimum wage .......
Media: zzzzzzzzzzz
Apologize for you emails. React to Trump tweet about Ms. America. Why don't people like you!
America got the President we deserved.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Trump supporters have destroyed their own middle class lifestyle. They were born into the middle class prosperity of New Deal policies, were spoiled by it, thought it was their birthright, stopped protecting it, and got the old deal of getting screwed over at every corner. And instead of doing some self reflection, they are now on the prowl looking for someone to blame. At this point, they are in the 50s and 60s, so it's probably too late for them to change. We need to focus on young people and wait for the actuarial tables to do their part on the baby boomers.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Voters: "We downing in debt and misery, help us!"
Trump: "I'll fight bad trade and bad hombres, believe me. Nobody knows bad hombres like me. You'll get your jobs back!"
Hillary: "Trump is a racist that said hombres... bad man, vote for me!"

Yes, it's time for a narrative that speaks to helping people. Less hate against the GOP, more love for the lost voter.
This is bullshit, but indicative of how stupid our electorate has become. Hillary talked about policy constantly, but you and the rest of the idiot Americans aren't interested in policy so it goes right through your empty skulls like it never happened. But she makes one comment about racists that support Trump and you fuck stains will never forget it. You'll forget the context and actual intent behind the comment, but you'll always remember what conservative media told you she said.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Was channel surfing this morning and ran into....I think it was CNN where the reporter was interviewing a loyal Trump supporter outside of the rally point. Anyway, this guy was spewing talking points like he rehearsed them a thousand times over to the point where I was thinking the interview was staged to make supporters of Trump look so "intelligently" clueless, so purposefully ignorant of all the troubles that Trump has gotten himself into. This fella followed the same shtick that Trump himself defaults to whenever he (they) are confronted with the real facts and truths of the matter.......twist damaging facts into yummy pretzels that they are able to bite into and digest without choking on them or ignore the facts as if they never happened.

And the conspiracy theories about how Trump is being set up to fail in order to sidestep the realities that are incessantly dogging him? This guy had them all locked and loaded and fired them off on full auto. Amazing to see and hear, but there it was.

So interesting to experience the mindset of a Trump supporter as far as how he (they?), despite being faced with the numerous fact based problems that threaten his presidency, attempt to justify their loyalty to him.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Can we now just admit that the majority of Trump supporters are idiots? How can a man say everything will be simple and easy and he will win so much when he doesn't even realize what the job entails?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Can we now just admit that the majority of Trump supporters are idiots? How can a man say everything will be simple and easy and he will win so much when he doesn't even realize what the job entails?
People really don't like to admit that they were taken for suckers, they'll go a long way before they'll admit what they did was stupid.
Look at those people that get scammed but still send good money after bad still desperate for the pay off. They get really frantic about being in the right and that they are going to get paid any time soon. They'll make just one more deposit then their payday will come.

That's pretty much Trump supporters at the moment. They know it's shit but they are all in on it.