I think the powers that be misunderstood my intentions....

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Mods/Admins/Whoever....

This is not REALLY a forum issue.... It is an off-topic post. A JOKE, if you will. --meant for the OT crowd. Please let it stay?

The original (moved to Siberia) post read as follows:

Subject: The problem isn't the new smilies... It's:

CONSISTENCY

Hello, fellow Anandtechers. As most of you know, out old, hand-drawn smilies were recently replaced by more symmetrical, clinical smilies. This has elicited quite a negative
response from the members of these forums, to which the administration has responded with a RESOUNDING "Get over it."

The reson, it seems, that the smilies have been replaced, is because the old smilies are "too childish", and image these forums are determined to get away from.

Well, I have made and observation that just may change the face of Anandtech Forums, and take us into the 22nd Century as a SERIOUS, MATURE institution:

OUR USER ICONS MUST MATCH OUR NEW SMILIES!

See, I realized that our old smilies, with all their character and hand-drawn feel, matched our current user icons perfectly. No doubt, they were created by the same artist.
But now, that uneasy feeling Zuni has been getting...that feeling that SOMETHING is just not right....MUST come from the fact that those old, "childish" user Icons are still
around!

SO I PROPOSE A NEW USER ICON:
I believe this new icon can be the UNIVERSAL ICON for ALL members of Anandtech Forums! It matches out current smilies PERFECTLY, and it is sure to please those from ALL
walks of life. No more "childish" users here! No sir! WE'RE ANANDTECH, AND WE HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!! WE ARE ADULTS HERE!

CHECK OUT THE NEW USER ICON HERE!

I think you will all agree.

Ricky
DesignDawg

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
all i know is that it scared the heck out of me. I'm sensitive! I'm just brash to protect myself. Jeeze.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
LOL - in the true spirit of the smily issue:

Not gonna happen End of Discussion

=P

PS - his hair is not symmetrical - OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
well, I'm very sensitive to this thing called judgement, having been judged unfairly in the past. And it just took me by surprise is all. I guess all is well. Just startled me.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
well, I was in the middle of answering it.

Kinda like being blown to bits when you are on the john.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Aww, come on now....

Don't you think it would be SWELL? Expression is not a good thing, guys. You didn't know? We should all be EQUAL here. I think, in the spirit of the new changes, we should also all wear UNIFORMS while we post from home! :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
BUT JUST LOOK!!!

Here's my new Icon in action. Doesn't it make the forums look so much less "CHILDISH?"
And just look at how well it goes with the new smilies! :)

Ricky
DesignDawg

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Isla - now that would be odd, what happens when a thread you're replying to gets moved?

DD - Hmmm... I dunno, I think I could get used to it, just like the smilies :D :) :p :Q