I think my mom is going crazy...

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Every morning my mom goes on a little jog around our neighborhood to get some exercise, etc. This morning I see her leave and then a couple minutes later she is jogging back to our house. She comes in the house and says that one of our neighbors down the street has their dog loose outside and it is standing outside their house. While I think they should keep their dog secured, I would not make a big deal out of it since they are our neighbors on the street and I don't want something to 'accidentally' happen to our cars/house.

My mom leaves the house right after this and I hear the car drive off... I figure she's going out to run the dog over. :D She comes back in the house a few minutes later and after I asked where she went she tells me that she sat in the neighbor's driveway and honked the horn for a long time (they never came out). So I think that's a little crazy and now she's looking for the animal control number... :p

Also, I don't know what size/shape the dog is.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: pinoy
looking for trouble this early?

She always does these types of things... yells at the kids in our neighborhood for playing baskteball too close to our driveway and stuff. Oh well, I'll be moving out soon! :)

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Menopausal?

The scared of dog behavior isn't that strange. On my daily walk even the nicest dogs can turn and nip or bite. It is better to be safe. I think the honking the horn thing is a little weird. Maybe a gentle phone call would suffice. Or an anonymous letter in the mailbox. Try to remind her of these sane responses.

Also you never want people to know it was you who called animal control to take their beloved family pet. The less they take care of the pet the crazier they respond when it is taken away.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I think my mom is losing her marbles as well. I went to lunch with a friend yesterday afternoon. On the way home, he's dropping me off at my house. As we're driving down my residential street, we see this middle aged woman riding a bicycle in the middle of the road. We're muttering to ourselves "crazy old woman, get out of the road." As we drive past her, it turns out to be my mother. She doesn't even own a bicycle.

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I think my mom is losing her marbles as well. I went to lunch with a friend yesterday afternoon. On the way home, he's dropping me off at my house. As we're driving down my residential street, we see this middle aged woman riding a bicycle in the middle of the road. We're muttering to ourselves "crazy old woman, get out of the road." As we drive past her, it turns out to be my mother. She doesn't even own a bicycle.

10/10 :laugh:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome

grandma stole my bike.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
don't we all do crazy things?

like posting to people who we've never met and caring enough to read what they have to say and respond. that's.... a bit crazy.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

like posting to people who we've never met and caring enough to read what they have to say and respond. that's.... a bit crazy.

I think that's society. I could be a blind boy in a bubble...do I not interact?

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
A spin of my "ATOT Wheel of Mental Health Diagnoses" landed on "Bi-Polar Disorder". I'd go with Symbyax. Good luck!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst

society encompasses a lot of things and not all are considered sane.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004

But we consider everything we do ourselves sane...

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeAppraiser
Be a good son and get her a dog Dazer. I have had one for over 12 years and they really work.

Cool, I think I might get that. I assume if you jog with your own dog then it's going to effect a radius around you and not just wherever you point it?

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
Just in front of the Dazer. Give it two clicks as a warning or press and hold to stop a charging dog. The madder the dog the better it works. I don't know why. Some use it for dog and cat training, but I would only use it on my own pets to stop one from running out into the street or to keep them off the kitchen counter/computer table.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

right, but how does that relate to basic communication and 'society'?