I think MTV should be re-named to GLADDMTV

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Has anyone noticed that the majority of their programs has some type of either gay, lesbian or bisexual theme to it? Real world for instance, I don't think theres ever been a real world without one gay guy. Their night show that's like a soap opera, wasn't there a bunch of gay and lesbian couples on that show? The new tail dater show, at least one gay couple per show, right? That other show, the one where they go on a date and try to win the date over, at least one gay couple per show.

I have nothing against gays or lesbians. But, when they start to show them explicitly going at it, doesn't that kinda make you feel a tad bit weird? Seeing two guys going at it is nothing like seeing a guy and a girl going at it.

What are your thoughts on this new generation of MTV?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
everyone likes seeing 2 hot bisexual women in the hot tub with 1 guy

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
What's MTV? I remember an MTV that used to play music videos but that MTV died a long time ago. I heard they revived it but if that's a description of it, it sounds like crap to me.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jjones
What's MTV? I remember an MTV that used to play music videos but that MTV died a long time ago. I heard they revived it but if that's a description of it, it sounds like crap to me.

I agree with jjones!!!

The Real World always seems to have at least one heterosexual too....how odd!

Jittles

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
they should just take the "M" out of it and i'll be happy.

Isn't that the truth... there is no music television until either 1 or 3 am, because they don't even play the full videos on TRL anymore.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
I don't watch MTV due to the very nature of their programming. I feel like I am getting dumber watching more than a minute or two of it. They cater to what appears to be some very low brow teenagers.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
He actually means GLAAD...gay and lesbian alliance against discrimination. They are active in most big cities.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
There's several other MTV chanels plus about 5 VH1's (same company)
All of them (save the flagship channels) show nothing but music videos.

I actually think its pretty brave of MTV to show gay themed shows considering
one of their main demographics are (mostly) homophobic Eminem sheep.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Jittles
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
they should just take the "M" out of it and i'll be happy.

Isn't that the truth... there is no music television until either 1 or 3 am, because they don't even play the full videos on TRL anymore.

It was never MVTV or Music Videos Television. That's just how it started out. Things evolve, for better or worse, but the channel's primary focus is still with the music industry.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Darein
I don't watch MTV due to the very nature of their programming. I feel like I am getting dumber watching more than a minute or two of it. They cater to what appears to be some very low brow teenagers.

They cater to mostly teenagers. I feel the same way you do when Barney's on the tube.