I think it's absurd that people think Iraq=Vietnam

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: goku
People wouldn't be calling it vietnam I assure you if there weren't people dying everyday. Also another term I find extremely funny is 'illegal war'. :laugh:
What makes you think it's legal? Every reason the Bushwhackos gave for starting it has been proven to be a lie following lie, following lie, followed by more lies. Thier lies have cost almost 3,000 dead and tens of thousands of wounded American troops, tens to hundreds of thousands of other deaths, trillions of dollars of debt your greatgrandchildren will still be paying off. They've used their specious war as an excuse to shred the rights of every American guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
I'm laughing at the phrase 'illegal war' you artard.
I believe it is you who is the artard.
Hahaha, you guys make it look like the war is going terribly, it's not going terribly, it's just a stupid media event that is making it seem really bad.
You're also reading and comprehension challenged.
The only ones who are truely bitching are the ones who aren't willing to scarifice their lives for this country. I'm too young to go into the military because I don't have the proper education that I would need in order to go.
We know -- You're the child Bush left behind. You're just a junior chickenhawk, hiding behind your age. You're all mouth and no balls or brains. I wish you could go, now. It would contribute to improving the gene pool. :laugh:
You're an idiot, name one war that has ever been 'legal'.

No point in responding to the rest of your comments.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: conjur
Well if you're a baby boomer, you're either extremely liberal, ignorant or an idiot. So you think Iraq is just like vietnam?
Hey, brain surgeon. Your idol, the W, is a baby boomer. Considering he's not extremely liberal, I guess he's just ignorant or an idiot!

What is your point? Are you implying ignorant=stupid?

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Funny, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread died with me letting everyone know that I'm NOT a bush supporter, nor am I a kerry supporter. I'm absolutely not kidding, I hate bush and kerry, they're both worthless pricks. Having said that, Iraq != Vietnam and I support this war.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Funny, I wouldn't be surprised if this thread died with me letting everyone know that I'm NOT a bush supporter, nor am I a kerry supporter. I'm absolutely not kidding, I hate bush and kerry, they're both worthless pricks. Having said that, Iraq != Vietnam and I support this war.
Oh good, little Davey Richter supports this war:roll:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: TravisT
Vietnam is much different than Iraq. I've heard the point made that this is the only war is history where if we simply leave the battlefield the enemy is likely to come home with us to our own soil. A totally different circumstance than what we had in Vietnam.
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Where did you hear that "point"? Limbaugh? O'Reilly? Coulter?

Fvcking THINK!!

How many Iraqi Sunnis and Shiites were busting down our borders to attack us? HMMMMMM???

HOW MANY???

I am fairly certain that statement about following us to our own soil was made either by Rush, or Foxnews...I was listening to it too the other day.

Hell it may have even been GWB during his interview with Rush earlier this week.

pathetic scare tactic if you ask me.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Well considering that you're a liberal nut, not like your opinion matters.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

How am I a liberal nut? Please qualify your labeling of me as I qualified my labeling of you as an idiot in my posts in this thread.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004

How am I a liberal nut? Please qualify your labeling of me as I qualified my labeling of you as an idiot in my posts in this thread.
You've proven nothing, all you've done is prove that I'm an idiot by basically telling everyone that you're a liberal. your justification for everything you've said in this thread is either because I'm a troll, an idiot, or I'm basically a bush supporter.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

You've proven nothing, all you've done is prove that I'm an idiot by basically telling everyone that you're a liberal. your justification for everything you've said in this thread is either because I'm a troll, an idiot, or I'm basically a bush supporter.
No because you posted nonsense, especially about WWII.

I don't consider myself a Liberal and there are plenty of people who are not liberal who believe that Bushes excellent adventure in iraq is a big fsck up and that Bush is an incompetent president.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Let me ask you Red Dawn, what do you see positive from this war?
Not much. The negatives greatly out wiegh any positives, especially the way this administration has conducted it. Even the overthrow of Hussien seems to have more negatives aspects to it than positive, at least for our security. Granted I care about the Iraqis about as much as they care for Americans which is not much at all.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan
People wouldn't be calling it vietnam I assure you if there weren't people dying everyday. Also another term I find extremely funny is 'illegal war'. :laugh:

I find it saddening that you :laugh: at the deaths of innocent people

Enjoy your Karma

Agreed. The OP is a tool and a pretty daft one at that.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not much. The negatives greatly out wiegh any positives, especially the way this administration has conducted it. Even the overthrow of Hussien seems to have more negatives aspects to it than positive, at least for our security. Granted I care about the Iraqis about as much as they care for Americans which is not much at all.

last night I was watching a panel discussion on C-Span, and some talking head quipped that Saddam is tanned and rested, maybe we ought to stage a military coup and then we can get the hell out of Dodge.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004

This is exactly why your opinion doesn't matter to me. Yes, bush had a little ADD going on from 9/11 till the attack in '03 of Iraq but not only was he trying to make up for the fact that his daddy screwed it up but that we owed the people. In 1991 we really should have let saddam's reigm fall, we led on the Iraqis to believe that we would be there but instead we backed out and all the resistors were slaughtered horribly because of this, not to mention we setup that piss excuse of a govt. in the 80s.. Iraq is screwed up now and there is much dissent agianst us because we disbanded the police force instead of finding the 'corrupt' one by one, to be honest even I would have made that mistake. They're attacking us because they're pissed off that we ****** them over over a decade ago and the ones who still had the grudge have basically joined the terrorist forces.

In vietnam we took the place of what the french were suppose to be doing, so if you want to blame the french for anything, you can blame them for this.

Vietnam we were scared because of the domino theory, this time we were scared because of what saddam potentially had, it's entirely possible that saddam basically moved out all of the nuclear materials into a foreign country, we may never know. We owe the Iraqi people freedom, the problem is, the terrorists have taken advantage of this situation and basically an all out civil war is happening.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: goku, aka Rectal Richter
That depends on which side of the war you're on. If you're speaking from the side of the U.S., Europe and our allies in WWII, we didn't have much of a choice about defending ourselves from Hitler's invasion of western Europe or responding to the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. That was was as deadly as war can get, but if, by "legal," you actually mean "legitimate," that would be it.
(to Conjur -- What is your point? Are you implying ignorant=stupid?
Ignorant means not knowing the facts. Stupid is being menatlly incapable of comprehending them, let alone comment on them. You are both. :laugh:
Only because you're incompetent to do so. Go back to your sandbox, little boy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
I just don't see how people can see how Iraq=vietnam..... 57,000 deaths in vietnam, 3,000 deaths in Iraq, there is no way in hell that is the same.

I don't see how people could of compared Iraq to post WW2 Germany or even Japan.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: goku, aka Rectal Richter
That depends on which side of the war you're on. If you're speaking from the side of the U.S., Europe and our allies in WWII, we didn't have much of a choice about defending ourselves from Hitler's invasion of western Europe or responding to the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. That was was as deadly as war can get, but if, by "legal," you actually mean "legitimate," that would be it.
(to Conjur -- What is your point? Are you implying ignorant=stupid?
Ignorant means not knowing the facts. Stupid is being menatlly incapable of comprehending them, let alone comment on them. You are both. :laugh:
Only because you're incompetent to do so. Go back to your sandbox, little boy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh real mature, now with name calling eh?

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Drift3r
I just don't see how people can see how Iraq=vietnam..... 57,000 deaths in vietnam, 3,000 deaths in Iraq, there is no way in hell that is the same.

I don't see how people could of compared Iraq to post WW2 Germany or even Japan.

Generally after a war, there are guerillas who attack the invading forces even though they've lost already. Iraq is different in this sense since the attacks are actually ramping up.

Nonetheless they're both wars, you CAN compare them despite whether or not their merit is questionable.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Originally posted by: brandonbull
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: brandonbull
SMART PEOPLE do not join the military. Patriotic or desperate people do. SMART PEOPLE use their college education to earn money and not to kill.
Are you implying recruits cannot be both patriotic AND smart?

I think that you and John Kerry would get along very well.

We can place bets. I'll bet against patriotic AND smart and you can bet for that and we'll see who wins.

Numbers don't lie. I served 5 years in the military so I DO have some qualifications to speak. So you are saying that the military is more or less educated than the general population?

I know that the military as a whole is less educated than the general work force.
Educated and smart have nothing to do with one another. I met plenty of uneducated smart people when I was in the army.

Don't reply right away. Think about it and get back to me.

I guess you are going to do your Bill Clinton semantics game, and instead of answering my statement you resorted to a useless response.

I've meet plenty of uneducated dumb people. The point is the military is less educated than the general public. I said that in my other post.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Blah,blah, blah...Yes, bush had a little ADD going on from 9/11 till the attack in '03 of Iraq but not only was he trying to make up for the fact that his daddy screwed it up but that we owed the people....Blah, blah, common known history..blah, blah, blah
Funny, that wasn't the reason given by the NeoCons when trying to sell this war to the American public..well not until we didn't find any WMD's.

Why do you think Daddy Bush didn't go into Bahagdad when he had the chance? Because he knew it would have been a big mistake. I didn't see the wisdom of his choice at the time but the way things are going now it seems he was very wise..heads up more on the ball than his dim witted offspring.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: loki8481
there's more to the comparison than the simple death count?
And what exactly is that comparison? The fact that the left is against the war? The fact that we have some crazy anti-war protesters? Or the fact that John Kerry is accusing American soldiers of awful acts?

An incompent leadership supporting an unnecessary war where we can't really stay and cant really go. Even the military newspapers are calling out Rumsfeld. Of course it must be "liberals" doing that. You are so early 60's

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: loki8481
there's more to the comparison than the simple death count?
And what exactly is that comparison? The fact that the left is against the war? The fact that we have some crazy anti-war protesters? Or the fact that John Kerry is accusing American soldiers of awful acts?

An incompent leadership supporting an unnecessary war where we can't really stay and cant really go. Even the military newspapers are calling out Rumsfeld. Of course it must be "liberals" doing that. You are so early 60's

That HAS to be a reference to the IQ's of those who never served and will never understand . . .