I think I solved it! Users can reboot Citrix server, but I still need to fix something

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The INF file in question looks like to be the printer driver. Here's how printers are setup.

Terminal Server connects to two printers on the PDC. They are connected via a batch
file running the following:

con2prt /c \\school-house\sh_lab_color

I took the file out of the startup folder and no one has received the msg box thus far.
Now, users don't have printers to print to. I was trying to create a script that would run in the background, and the method I stated above works flawlessly, except for the fact it wants to install the INF file.

So, I would like to create some sort of script to launch internet explorer along with this batch file. Users are now supposed to run a batch file, but we would like to eliminate the need for them to run the batch file manually. It would be easier if the batch file was called up along with another program that they use regularly (i.e. Internet Explorer).

I was able to do this, but the DOS box doesn't go away. Very annoying. I right clicked the icon of the batch file, but there's no "Close on Exit" option. I take it this option is only available on Windows 98 and below. I'm running Windows 2000

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
why are you running a script to connect printeR? why dont you use the Citrix universal Print driver and add the printers to the server manually one time and they are there for good?