Discussion I swear the cat has learned how to read

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
You can’t bring a box from Chewy into the house without my 18 pound cat going crazy, lol, he rubs his face on the box, purrs, stands on the box, lies on the box while you try to open it. Seriously, it’s like a funny commercial 😂 Resident Evil could care less but not the big guy 😂

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You can’t bring a box from Chewy into the house without my 18 pound cat going crazy, lol, he rubs his face on the box, purrs, stands on the box, lies on the box while you try to open it. Seriously, it’s like a funny commercial 😂 Resident Evil could care less but not the big guy 😂
They read with their nose. A neighbor got a Chewy delivery, which was left at the mailbox. My dog spent several minutes smelling that box. Neighbor only has a cat.

Maybe Chewy 'scents' the box.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Cats are a lot smarter then many people think .... they start reading though we may need to become concerned!

:oops: ;)

pr18zdpaskf51.jpg

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sometimes, a second test may be redundant, but, can help confirm things.
In the name of science, you can measure a cat's literacy by having them read something.

Simply point a laser pointer at a book, and move it along the words left to right, top to bottom.
if they track it, they must be reading!

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I can't really take care of a cat right now unless we'd already met and were old enough that wouldn't be too curious about sh**. I had 2 rescues for several years but they were really good kitties.

Now I just watch the critters on my surveillance system. They're still adorable and I've gotten over my need to bet to them. Even after feeding them every day for about 2 years now, they are still soooo skitish.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Picks of both (???) would be great. I'd love to see that and we all know you already have some favorites.

I love Resident Evil for one of the little space aliens.