I [still] love it. [iPad mini]

Discussion in 'All Things Apple' started by Ichinisan, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Koing

Koing Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
    Super Moderator

Saw it yesterday, felt like a much better form factor imo. I'll wait for a retina?

Koing

2. bearxor

bearxor Diamond Member

I agree with you, but I will say that ever since I started using an iPad 3, the experience has been far more smooth. 512MB isn't enough, but 2GB would be useless overkill at this point. Maybe in 3 years or so on iOS. 1GB seems to work great going off my experience on the iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

But yes, the iPad Mini is woefully underpowered at this point, it's essentially a two year old machine.

3. amandaK

amandaK Junior Member

I just personally don't like the size of the mini. I already have an iPhone and an iPad, why do I need a new tablet that fits awkwardly in between?

4. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

The Mini doesn't supplement the iPad, it replaces it.

5. bayansonger

bayansonger Junior Member

I love it too. I have a plan to buy the 32GB & wifi version of iPad mini in next weekend.

6. Spineshank

Spineshank Diamond Member

I finally got play with one. I liked it. Thought it was a good size. Was going to buy one, but BB made me wait 15 mins to get one from the back and I got tired of waiting so I left. I had gone in for a Kindle anyhow.

7. Miramonti

Miramonti Lifer

I'm glad some people find the mini so loveable because it's resulted in one person gifting me their old ipad 2. :)

8. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Diamond Member

I want to buy two of these for a couple bdays at the end of march. Are new versions coming out or should i just get these?

9. Ichinisan

Ichinisan Lifer

I think the blogosphere rumors about new ones coming in March are wrong. Of course Apple is working on the next generation, but people think there is an accelerated refresh cycle and I think it just isn't so. The 4th gen iPad was released earlier than expected for a good reason: To bring all of the product refreshes closer together. Apple wants to introduce the latest iOS first with iPhone, and then release refreshed iPod/iPad models shortly after with the latest iOS and similar parts.

10. classy

classy Lifer

I bought one for my wife, its just awesome. Just perfect size, you can watch and work on that thing anywhere with no hassle. Even laying in bed :). Its screen is clear and while its not as good as the retina it is pretty damn good none the less. I think overall the mini is the best tablet on the market.

11. disports

disports Golden Member

I got to hold it and try out for the first time today and I must say I like the size and how ridiculously light it is. It did feel almost like a toy compared to the iPad where I did feel the weight difference. I couldn't directly compare them side by side by I couldn't really see much of a difference between the two.