i showed my mother the video of the guy getting harassed by cops

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
from this thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/me...erthread=y&STARTPAGE=2

well, she's a goody two shoes.... doesnt believe police brutality exists, etc...

well, i couldnt believe it, SHE ACTUALLY TOOK THE COPS SIDE ROFL.

she says the cop was right because "he has to go into every stop assuming the person is going to have a gun on them and to shoot at the officer"

how the HELL can anyone be so ignorant. this is what is wrong with this country today, people who have FORGOTTEN THAT THEY HAVE RIGHTS, and dont care when authority walks all over them...

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
How do you guys know he lives with his mother?

:werd:

do you people not hang out with your parents anymore now that your out of the house?

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
Originally posted by: zanejohnson
from this thread: how the HELL can anyone be so ignorant. this is what is wrong with this country today, people who have FORGOTTEN THAT THEY HAVE RIGHTS, and dont care when authority walks all over them...
You also have to remember that there are people who have forgotten the meaning of the words "law", "authority", and "justice".

/Completely unrelated to the video. I didn't watch it

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: tasmanian

do you people not hang out with your parents anymore now that your out of the house?

No i cant say i do.

well your loss i guess....me and my rents still talk alot... me and my wife usually have dinner with my mom at least once a week...

Jun 27, 2005

Mom lives in Wa... Dad lives in Ak... I live in Hi...

Nope.

But the good news is... It's possible for us all to die together with a properly placed/timed earthquake and resulting tsunami. :p

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Well TBH if I had to take one persons side on this issue (which I wouldn't since they both acted stupidly), I would choose the cop. This apparent hero of yalls was out intentionally trying to provoke the police. I mean going out and interfering wit police business you for kicks is a pretty asinine think to do. Not to mention he had cameras and a radar detector. Furthermore he talked back to the cop which isn't gonna get on their good side either. Also, what you mother said is right, police ARE supposed to approach each suspect like they are armed until proven otherwise, especially since it sure looks like hes there to buy drugs and he had no legitimate business there.

EDIT: also, don't see where there was any "police brutality", its not like the cops got out and beat him unconscious like has happened before in several well publicized incidents.

Nov 5, 2001
is this like your fancy house int he gated community that you bought with all your drug money? but yet you couldn't feed your kid, so you were going to kill yourself?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
is this like your fancy house int he gated community that you bought with all your drug money? but yet you couldn't feed your kid, so you were going to kill yourself?

that was a different troll thread of his...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

After he got arrested.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Well TBH if I had to take one persons side on this issue (which I wouldn't since they both acted stupidly), I would choose the cop. This apparent hero of yalls was out intentionally trying to provoke the police. I mean going out and interfering wit police business you for kicks is a pretty asinine think to do. Not to mention he had cameras and a radar detector. Furthermore he talked back to the cop which isn't gonna get on their good side either. Also, what you mother said is right, police ARE supposed to approach each suspect like they are armed until proven otherwise, especially since it sure looks like hes there to buy drugs and he had no legitimate business there.

EDIT: also, don't see where there was any "police brutality", its not like the cops got out and beat him unconscious like has happened before in several well publicized incidents.

yes and that justifies the way the cop acted, threatening to make up charges and arrest the kid for false charges... :roll:

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

After he got arrested.

don't forget the bad infection in prison too.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002

what about it... im sitting in it right now posting this while the wifey rolls up a joint of some kine bud, my daughter right behind me in her play pen while we're watching futurama on the home theater.

and the house isnt all that fancy...one of the more modest ones here... 2 story 4 bedroom, 2 bathrooms.....

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: purbeast0
Originally posted by: BrownTown

yes and that justifies the way the cop acted, threatening to make up charges and arrest the kid for false charges... :roll:

exactly. the cop had no reason or right to get his panties in a wad like he did.