I shouldnt be laughing but...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: DarkThinker
Am I the only one who initially thought the guy got stung by a snake?

That was my impression too, the video's just so blurry.

Btw, :laugh:

Kakumba

Mar 13, 2006
oh man, that noise is too funny. Maybe if he had somehow managed to be silent, I wouldn't laugh at him....

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: clamum
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
Originally posted by: crystal
The report's expression and how she carries it on like nothing happen is much more funny.
reminds me of that one other popular video of that one reporter who fell trying to mash grapes. The response back at the studio (rather, lack thereof) was hilarious.
:laugh: That one was hilarious (am I mean for finding it that funny?), especially the sound effects.

EDIT: Yeah

:thumbsup: nice video :p
From one of the video comments:

Sounds like my beagle after he got stung by a wasp.
HAHAHAHAHA

superHARD

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Number1
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder
What exactly electocuted him? Any idea?

"AYYYYYE-YIIIIE!"

Obviously the AC hot is toutching the microphone's casing. Then all he has to do is touch a ground source to complete the circuit, in this case wet grapes.

Just because it's wet doesn't make it grounded...

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
LOLOL that was hilarious. I've been electrocuted sooo many times in my life, and i'm still alive. Maybe a little brain damaged, but still alive.

TheNewbie

Jul 17, 2007
Very funny.
But I feel sorry for the guy.

Edit: yeah my conscious didn't allow me to leave the LMAO...

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: superHARD
Originally posted by: Number1
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder
What exactly electocuted him? Any idea?

"AYYYYYE-YIIIIE!"

Obviously the AC hot is toutching the microphone's casing. Then all he has to do is touch a ground source to complete the circuit, in this case wet grapes.

Just because it's wet doesn't make it grounded...

DHOOOOO!

The wet grape are suspended on a frame that is grounded somewhere.

pnad

May 23, 2006
Oh man, thanks for the grape stomp video. I had forgotten about that classic piece of humor. Makes me all nostalgic for my old favorite internet videos like SUpeR GREG... Numba JUAN!

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
This type of fault is not rare. Many times the ground systems of audio and other equipment are at different potentials, so by completing the circuit, a current flows. Sometimes through a human! Many foreign countries don't have the same grounding principles as the U.S., not that they're bad or flawed, but the danger comes in mixing equipment from different areas and not modifying them to meet local standards. I cannot say if this was the case here, but I have read documented cases of audio equipment in recording studios doing similar things. Such as a singer strumming his guitar and touching his lips to a microphone that is at a different potential. The metal strings are grounded through the guitar amp, and bam, a ground loop is established and zing, a shock!