i saw the movie "john q" on pay per view tonite

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
its a pretty good movie. there was just one part at the end which i didn't understand. i'm not gonna give away the ending, but has anyone else seen this movie? also, does denzel ever make a bad movie?! his movies are like all gravy :)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
that was such a sad movie, however, not one you can watch twice in the same week w/o getting up or walking away without pausing it. It was EXCELLENT the first time, but after that, it's repetitive.

-=bmacd=-

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: chrisisbored
I thought it was pretty good... sad too...

yeah it was sad... those stupid HMO's and doctors screwing with the patients. but at least it was a happy ending. but did anyone get confused at the end? i mean.... i could swear "he" was dead.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: spankyOO7
Originally posted by: chrisisbored I thought it was pretty good... sad too...
yeah it was sad... those stupid HMO's and doctors screwing with the patients. but at least it was a happy ending. but did anyone get confused at the end? i mean.... i could swear "he" was dead.

Umm.. the HMOs where not the problem in this movie. The company that John Q worked for cut his coverage by saying that he wasn't full time at his job. If anyone really screwed him it was his job and the fact that they dropped his coverage.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: KentState
Originally posted by: chrisisbored I thought it was pretty good... sad too...

Umm.. the HMOs where not the problem in this movie. The company that John Q worked for cut his coverage by saying that he wasn't full time at his job. If anyone really screwed him it was his job and the fact that they dropped his coverage.

i was pissed at the HOM's becuz remember near the end, how that young doctor kid was saying the HMO's send doctors bonus checks at the end of the year to purposely misdiagnose ppl, so that ppl will always need treatment (or whatever). :disgust:

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Hoeboy
it had potential but too unrealistic.

EXACTLY!
What the hell kind of police force would give a hostage taker his own kid WHILE HES TAKING HOSTAGES!?
WTF kind of hostages would pass on a oppurtunity to get out, and then LIKE the guy AFTER they are free!?!?
and that crap about putting a bullet in his head and using his heart was just that....PURE CRAP!

and wtf kind a police force would just have a straight line in front of the guy with 100 guys with pistols!?!? they would have sharpshooters, AND WHY THE FVCK WOULDNT THEY TAKE A SHOT WHEN THE GUY COME OUT?!??!?

this movie just irked me

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i was pissed at the HOM's becuz remember near the end, how that young doctor kid was saying the HMO's send doctors bonus checks at the end of the year to purposely misdiagnose ppl, so that ppl will always need treatment (or whatever).

Yes, and God knows Hollywood is a paragon of accuracy.
rolleye.gif

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I thought that the movie was very good. Denzel Washington is a great actor, :)

: ) Amanda

Maetryx

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
I never watch Denzel Washington movies. His movies are always so self-righteous and preachy.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Xerox Man
i was pissed at the HOM's becuz remember near the end, how that young doctor kid was saying the HMO's send doctors bonus checks at the end of the year to purposely misdiagnose ppl, so that ppl will always need treatment (or whatever).

Yes, and God knows Hollywood is a paragon of accuracy.
rolleye.gif

i'm glad u agree with me :D

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Maetryx
I never watch Denzel Washington movies. His movies are always so self-righteous and preachy.

have u seen training day?

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002

poor u:p that movie is stupid and condescending:p not smart enough a script so they make one side stereotypically evil:p pathetic.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
That's a great movie:)

btw, Denzel is a great actor. I saw John Q., it was ok. It was unrealistic, but what movie isnt?

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by: SWirth86
That's a great movie:)

btw, Denzel is a great actor. I saw John Q., it was ok. It was unrealistic, but what movie isnt?

theres a difference between realism and intelligence in a script. steretyping to simplify one side into sneering evil is a cop out. course this only applies if you have a movie trying to push a message accross. if you have a fantasy movie, the rules are different

just a slightly better example of a decent script, traffic:p the cops on the US side aren't stupid, but they know they have to do their jobs. they aren't portrayed as sneering evil baddies:p like der:p

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
well i liked the movie for its entertainment value... not its realistic value. off topic.. i also like WWE wrestling :D