I saw Star Wars! LordMaul's Experience - YASWT (spoilers)

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Well, I drove the hour to the AMC Barrington theater to see Attack of the Clones in it's digital glory...and was very disapointed when I was informed that their digital projector is NOT there anymore, and they, "Sent it to Canada or something". :| (WTF is Canada going to do with it? Make beer?)

However, the theater was quite obviously equipped with a THX sound system and it was quite amazing...much better than the crap at the local theater. We got in early, as when we got there an hour and a half early, the lady just let us into the next showing, which was in 20 minutes. They had GREAT seats, with high backs and cushioned arms and it was all stadium seating I didn't have to position myself just right for a good view.

After waiting for a while, seeing the janitor almost get booed off when asking if "ANYONE WANNA PLAY STAR WARS TRIVIA?!", the trailers come one. I saw Minority Report, Matrix, some disney movie, Witchblade, and a couple others. Then, the opening credits came on.

The crowd, expectedly, went wild, and there was quite the applause...not unlike Episode 1. As I was reading the words, scrolling across the screen, my spine tingling, I pretty much forgot about the non-digital experience. Then the ships flying through the clouds, amazing sound, etc. came onto the screen and I was already into the movie. Then, the ship blew up and I crapped my pants.

I loved how Anakin was portrayed, being a bit of a whiner and arrogant. As far as I could tell, even though I was watcching it at midnight, the acting was FINE! In fact, it was better than much of the crap out there these days...I mean, Keanu Reeves, anyone? :confused: Anyone who says the dialouge(which had a few rough spots, I admit, but nothing to condemn the movie for), the music(WOW), or the picture(unless you were watching it on a McDonald's Happy Meal Projector is horrible needs a loud wake-up call. WHAT THE FSCK DO YOU WANT?

It's a movie, meant to entertain you, not change your life and save the mice in 3rd world countries.

Ben's ordeal with the droid, flying through Couracant, and Anakin as well, was quite nice. Visually amazing, fun, exciting, etc.

The romance scenes were NOT all that bad, once again. Anakin's pick-up lines were kind of corny, but hey, he's not Casanova. He's a 19 year old Jedi-wannabe who wants to pick up his childhood love, and isn't having a easy time doing it.

3P0's comments, as well as the droid-factory bit with 3P0 was kind of annoying, but not enough to aggrivate me. I was wondering how they were going to tie that into the movie, from what I saw in trailers.

Jango Fett was AWESOME! Boba Fett was pretty damn good, as well, and puts Jake Lloyd to shame on his first 10 seconds of screen time. The clones, the clones 'factory', Kamino, etc. was all very cool, visually stunning, and a great explination for some of the previously mentioned aspects of the movie.

The fight scenes in the arena were amazing, and with Sam L., Kai Adi Mundi, etc., it was nothing short of kickass. The arena was one of the most amazing battles, and with the clones, I must say that the theater is going to need something stronger than Febreeze for their seats. Absolutely amazing.

When Anakin gets his ass finally kicked, and Yoda starts walking around the corner to have a little match of power with Dooku, my body went cold and the theater went ballistic. I, of course, participated in the cheering/applause, and preceeded to see the most kickass fight scene in the history of Star Wars movies.

Overall, the movie gets an A from me. No plus, because a few things annoyed me and I might have continued some of the battles a bit longer, as well as make the Jedi's a little harder to kill off. No A-, because the I thought the acting was just fine, no worse than the acting in the previous movies. I had a amazingly exciting time, last night, that's for sure. Some people may not like it, but since I know the story very well, it was piss-my-pants fun seeing it HAPPEN and unfold on the screen.

To all those who say "See Spiderman instead!" are insane. I watched Spider Man, and while it was fun, kind of cool, etc. it didn't and couldn't have matched the amazing Star Wars. The FX sucks ass compared to SW, the acting no better, and the depth of story, music, etc. is not a match for something such as Star Wars. To \aAnyone who has not seen SW yet, SEE IT! It's GREAT fun, and one of the best movies out there to date. Have fun!