I returned my PS3 last night and had to buy another

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I work for Wal-Mart(not in the store), and when I bought my PS3 I didn't have my employee discount card on me(10%), so they told me when I got it just bring it back and they would give me the 10% back. Well when I went to return it they wouldn't let me buy the old one back, I had to actually go get another of the shelves. They didn't even look in the box at all, I could have put anything in there and they would have never known. I asked if they put them back on the shelves when they are returned non-defective, ad she said all open merchandise goes back to the company.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Gotta love it when Wal-Mart doesn't look in the boxes :p. The one around here does that sometimes and you could return anything to them.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I was expecting to read a story about the PS3 dying or something. This thread failed to meet those expectations :(

lobbyone

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
My friend got a PS3 from walmart, but decided to return it since there wasn't any games he wanted to play with. When returned, my other friend who works for Walmart, saw a fellow employee dumping a "heavy" PS3 box into a dump truck. Wow, there goes one good PS3 down the garbage.

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
I thought electronics that are returned are always returned to the manufacture.

Also WAL-MART SUCKS!

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: lobbyone
My friend got a PS3 from walmart, but decided to return it since there wasn't any games he wanted to play with. When returned, my other friend who works for Walmart, saw a fellow employee dumping a "heavy" PS3 box into a dump truck. Wow, there goes one good PS3 down the garbage.

Yeah, "garbage" indeed.

where garbage = other employee's house

- M4H

mad0maxx

Feb 3, 2006
I like Wal-Mart :( I can return anything there without any questions asked is the reason I like them because every other store like Target and the such interrigate your ass for returning a product... :disgust:

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: mad0maxx
I like Wal-Mart :( I can return anything there without any questions asked is the reason I like them because every other store like Target and the such interrigate your ass for returning a product... :disgust:

...they interrigate your ass? LOL!!!!!!!! Thanks, I needed it.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
That's retarded. However, seems like the drone employee is just following the rules/guidelines too closely. Wal-mart coulda saved some dough on that, but they got enough:).

JDMnAR1

Lifer
May 12, 2003
I don't knos if it is still the case, but all of those returns used to end up at the Wal-Mart Associates store in Bentonville.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: mzkhadir
yep another attack of the black avatar talking about fraud

Uhh I think the point he's trying to make is that Wal-Mart just wasted money not letting him have his PS3 back since it was working just fine. Although, theoretically, Wal-Mart now has 1 sale and 1 return and if I recall, that can (sometimes) look better than only 1 sale, right?

Sensai

Nov 30, 2002
possible to return to walmart unopened without receipt and get cash.. not store credit?