I received a BofA credit card in the mail without applying for it!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
Originally posted by: gsethi
do you have a checking account with BoA ? That could explain. Wells Fargo and BoA will automatically send you a Crecit Card when you open up a checking account.

and Yes, I am NOT talking about debit card. They will send you a Debit card followed by a Credit card.

BS....I worked for a major credit card company for 8 years. Unless you specifically agreed to it during the process it opening the account....that would violate so many regs it's not even funny.

You Sir, have been proven wrong.

What major CC company do you work for ? You might want to consider switching your job if you dont know much about how CC companies work nowadays or are you one of those who are trying to cover up the wrongdoings of your company ?

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: DarkManX
i only have 3 primary credit cards, a citi divided card, amazon.com, and an amex clear, i also have a Circuit city and Comp USA card. The rep said my account was oppened on 9/15/2006 so it looks like a new account. I checked my report with equifax and i dont have any recent ur unknown requests that i applied for. however under the the requests that dont affect me there is one from BofA on 9/15/2006

hmm I was trying to check my credit report with equifax and it looks pretty shady..

Opting Out of Our Providing Information About You To Third Parties
If, in connection with your Membership with Personal Solutions or any online Personal Solutions product or service that you as an individual request or obtain, you as an individual prefer that we not disclose to non-affiliated third parties any personally identifiable information that we collect about you as an individual, you may choose to opt out of such disclosures; that is, you as an individual may direct us not to make these disclosures.

Looks like I have to go out of my way to find their number and call them to make sure I don't get spammed like a mofo.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Wow I just read the rest of the privacy notice for equifax. You're basically agreeing that they can ream you up the azz anyway possible and agree to give up your rights to go to court about it.