I really don't care who wins the election.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
If Obama wins.... in 2016 the republicans will being 20-30 years of control of the white house and congress.

If Romney wins.... mid term elections will give democrats more power in congress leading to a more functional government. Maybe some shit will get done.

I just don't want to go into the 2016 election with our national debt at $22 trillion and climbing.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the strongest nation on Earth and these two are the best we can come up with?

Dr. Ron Paul is a true American patriot and the only man decent and fit for presidency.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
That southpark episode comes to mind. This election is basically between a douche and a turd sandwich as well.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
I think that the democrats represent a more moderate approach to governance than the GOP does right now. (off course the right wing posters on this board will vigorously disagree)...both sides have to be honest to their constituents about what needs to happen...1. cutback to social programs (SSA and Medicare) 2. cutback to defense 3. Tax/ user fee increases and 4. the biggest...tackling globalization impact on US...probably a combination of tariffs, taxing corporations that use foreign countries not comparable to US (and increase cost in goods to US)

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Well to be honest I wanted Ron Paul . Not happening . After reading the Book fool me twice . I voting for obummer all the way . I think america deserves an obummer second term . I hope the book Fool me twice turns out to be 100% prophetic. We deserve it.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I think that the democrats represent a more moderate approach to governance than the GOP does right now. (off course the right wing posters on this board will vigorously disagree)...both sides have to be honest to their constituents about what needs to happen...1. cutback to social programs (SSA and Medicare) 2. cutback to defense 3. Tax/ user fee increases and 4. the biggest...tackling globalization impact on US...probably a combination of tariffs, taxing corporations that use foreign countries not comparable to US (and increase cost in goods to US)

Cut back on SSA but keep welfare and food stamps going . Your a genesis. Punish the hardworkers that built America and reward those who are destroying it . Your a true blue demon

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
(1) Disability for troops can easily be considered risk based compensation for services rendered. Or are you arguing that paying troops is wealth redistribution?

(2) And as for the newborn... this is why children are supposed to have 2 parents to drastically reduce the risk of this happening. Yet another reason why single motherhood is incompatible with reality.

Listen you twit, my Mother raised 3 of us by herself with little help from our Father. None of us are beneficiaries of wealth distribution. We all earn a living and we all pay taxes.

There were times during my childhood when she was on public assistance though and thankfully those programs were able to help our family during some tough times.

As for your other point, I guess disability for any other government employee is just risk based compensation then too?

Nov 29, 2006
I'm not that concerned. I think Obama will win as President, that the Republicans will maintain control of the House and probably gain control of the Senate. Even if they don't win control they can still stop bad legislation and there's only so much that Obama can do by presidential fiat.
When it's all said and done Obama and his supporters can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.

Why would the republicans want to stop their own legislation? :p

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Maybe under a typical Democrat president like Clinton. But Obama, not facing re-election, will take unconstitutional executive authority to new heights never before imagined. Remember his "after my election, I'll have more more flexibility" statement? What do you think he meant by that?

That he does not have to run for re-election again and can stop campaigning. Or you can wear a tinfoil hat and think he is the bogeyman.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
The United States of America Federal government was stolen from the people and stuck in the death grip of Republicans and Democrats. If you play their game you perpetuate the tyranny they have forced on us. Always quicker to divide than unite, each acting like they are what is American. Stop supporting Democrats and Republicans. Stop supporting political parties because you were born into one USA, we are one giant union anyone else flying a different flag or using a different symbol to identify themselves is false and trying to steal your government from you

I disagree about Ron Paul. I am a fan but hr tried to play the game and he showed how silly that was. So in turn he is silly. Gary Johnson is my guy, nit because he's part of the Libertarian Party, i don't like them eithr, but because he's his own man

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I do care about who wins the election.
If Mr Romney win the US will face:
1. The DNC's cultural wars agenda
2. An increase in taxes on the poor, and working and middle classes and cutting of programs that benefit them.
3. A continuation of liberal foreign policies. Anyone remember the bombing of Libya to ensure oil to the EU stayed flowing?
4. "Liberals" choosing 3 to 4 USSC justices

zephyrprime

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Let's see, we currently redistribute 1/3 or our tax dollars to interest on the national debt, nearly a third of it to military expenditures and the rest on social programs. That hasn't really changed since Obama was elected. I doubt it will change under Romney. We'll just have another fat cat in office... except this one is a billionaire corporate raider instead of a Harvard lawyer.
6% of federal tax money is spent on national debt interest payments.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Don't forget, if Obama wins we will also need to increase military and DHS budgets to contain the civil war...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
If Obama wins.... in 2016 the republicans will being 20-30 years of control of the white house and congress.

If Romney wins.... mid term elections will give democrats more power in congress leading to a more functional government. Maybe some shit will get done.

I just don't want to go into the 2016 election with our national debt at $22 trillion and climbing.

So you've been getting secret communications from the Romney camp as to how they are going to reduce the debt?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The American right is dangerous. They have become insane. They have created a political religion that is delusional and believe in it by faith. They cannot be reasoned with, they can't be shown facts. They know in their guts they are right and the illusion of being right makes them feel superior. This has all been proven by evidence gathered by neuroscience, another fact based reality that conservatives can't handle. From climate change to economics to foreign policy etc, the conservative view threatens the wellbeing of the American people.

Only the mentally ill brain dead will vote Republican, but that religion numbers many many millions. It is vital that those who lean right look at themselves seriously. This is no time to say you don't care who wins. You either vote madness or you vote democratic with the realization that what is wrong with democratic politics can be fixed by reason, that one side can be brought to reason by facts and the other cannot.

I repeat. Scientific evidence has proven that the right is the side in politics that has left the world of reason and is living in a self reinforced altered reality. If you vote Republican you are voting for delusion that can't be touched, and if you vote Democratic, you will be putting your faith in reason, that even if they are wrong they can still be reached by real data and rational argument. The choice is between delusional certainty, religious politics, and reason. Please don't vote for madness and against the American people. It's great to feel in your gut that you are superior because you are right, but the price is the destruction of the nation. Only the worst of piggy egos will go that far. Think and do not join them.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Looks like it'll be a write-in again for me. I don't feel like helping the wealthiest individuals in the country get even more tax breaks and extraordinarily lucrative loopholes, and I just don't feel that I could say "Yes, I want Obama in office." A write-in is the only way I've got of voting "These choices are all terrible."

I know full-well that the write-in names will never win. But I don't like the idea of having one of the main candidates in office, coupled with always having being faced with "I directly helped to get him elected."

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
The American right is dangerous. They have become insane. They have created a political religion that is delusional and believe in it by faith. They cannot be reasoned with, they can't be shown facts. They know in their guts they are right and the illusion of being right makes them feel superior. This has all been proven by evidence gathered by neuroscience, another fact based reality that conservatives can't handle. From climate change to economics to foreign policy etc, the conservative view threatens the wellbeing of the American people.

Only the mentally ill brain dead will vote Republican, but that religion numbers many many millions. It is vital that those who lean right look at themselves seriously. This is no time to say you don't care who wins. You either vote madness or you vote democratic with the realization that what is wrong with democratic politics can be fixed by reason, that one side can be brought to reason by facts and the other cannot.

I repeat. Scientific evidence has proven that the right is the side in politics that has left the world of reason and is living in a self reinforced altered reality. If you vote Republican you are voting for delusion that can't be touched, and if you vote Democratic, you will be putting your faith in reason, that even if they are wrong they can still be reached by real data and rational argument. The choice is between delusional certainty, religious politics, and reason. Please don't vote for madness and against the American people. It's great to feel in your gut that you are superior because you are right, but the price is the destruction of the nation. Only the worst of piggy egos will go that far. Think and do not join them.

So true moonie , But you fail to mention it was the demons insanity that drove the repulseves to insanity .What moved the Blacks of America to the party of davis and away from the party of Abe. Welfare is the answer. Dems basicly sayed stay home get drunk doped up to create more crime inorder to hire more white cops . It was a bribe stay home let the white men work will feed ya. blacks in love with the party of davis isn't that something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQBFr4O9Zd8&feature=related

Last edited:

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
You either vote madness or you vote democratic with the realization that what is wrong with democratic politics can be fixed by reason, that one side can be brought to reason by facts and the other cannot.

Think and do not join them.

Thanks for the lolz. You are in no position to post what is madness or not.

That said, I'm in the same position as the OP. I couldn't care less who wins. It's just two different sides of the same coin. No matter which side this 2012 flip lands on, we're still damned.

Actually I might vote for not 'the lesser of two evils', but 'the worst of the two evils.' Just to help tank this country quicker in attempts that the reboot happens quicker. Which is inevitable at this point. Right now we are just being robbed.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I will say this, this is one of the ugliest elections I've ever witnessed.

No matter who you support these two groups are going to have to set aside their differences and work together. It's not a war.

It is a war. That's all thats left. We've gone primitive unable to communicate as a whole. Our technological toys have advanced, but we definitely have not. Witness the internet, a means for instant communication almost everywhere. Did it help reach understanding? An appreciation of what wonders are potentially ours? No, we decend into creatures that use it to promote our brand of ignorance and hate, and by "we" I mean humanity as whole.
I have grown quite impatient with Homo sapiens, a misnomer if there ever was one.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So true moonie , But you fail to mention it was the demons insanity that drove the repulseves to insanity .What moved the Blacks of America to the party of davis and away from the party of Abe. Welfare is the answer. Dems basicly sayed stay home get drunk doped up to create more crime inorder to hire more white cops . It was a bribe stay home let the white men work will feed ya. blacks in love with the party of davis isn't that something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQBFr4O9Zd8&feature=related

OK, I think a pure welfare state creates dependency too. Clinton made great strides to to tie welfare to work with Republicans pushing him. Democrats can be persuaded by data, that pure welfare is destructive if it doesn't support either the truly disabled or provide temporary support and training to help people become self sufficient. The problem with the poor is always that they are emotionally beaten. They need not only money, but real healing. That's not easy to do and Republicans don't want to be taxed to pay for it.

In short, one party has the flexibility to fix a broken system based of factual data, the other is impervious to data and facts.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It is a war. That's all thats left. We've gone primitive unable to communicate as a whole. Our technological toys have advanced, but we definitely have not. Witness the internet, a means for instant communication almost everywhere. Did it help reach understanding? An appreciation of what wonders are potentially ours? No, we decend into creatures that use it to promote our brand of ignorance and hate, and by "we" I mean humanity as whole.
I have grown quite impatient with Homo sapiens, a misnomer if there ever was one.

I am going to have to try to find for you the data that tells us that humanity is advancing. It's quite counterintuitive.