i poked myself in the ear with a qtip

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
deeper than normal i guess... now my hearing in that ear is all muffled. is there something that i can do to get it to 'unmuffle'? or should i just go to the doctor?

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
didn't your mom tell you that the only things you should ever put in your ear is either your elbow or your tongue?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GroundZero
didn't your mom tell you that the only things you should ever put in your ear is either your elbow or your tongue?

What about someone else's tongue? :)

GroundZero

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Originally posted by: GroundZero

What about someone else's tongue? :)

what the hell?
all mom ever said was what you should put in your ear, guess since she never said anything about what other people can put in your ear, anything goes!
:D

DrNoobie

Banned
Mar 3, 2004
If it doesn't hurt, and you aren't experienceing vertigo or any fluid in your ear, I would rule out PTM. Though it's still possible you mildly perforated the tympanic membrane. I say sleep on it, and if you still hear muffled sounds in the morning, go to the doctor. Make sure not to let any water get in your ear between now and then.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
you probably just jammed earwax onto your eardrum
it's not that big of a deal it will go away. dont stick anything in your ears! Qtips are only for cleaning the outside area of your ear, not the inner!

Originally posted by: DrNoobie
If it doesn't hurt, and you aren't experienceing vertigo or any fluid in your ear, I would rule out PTM. Though it's still possible you mildly perforated the tympanic membrane. I say sleep on it, and if you still hear muffled sounds in the morning, go to the doctor. Make sure not to let any water get in your ear between now and then.
Don't listen to him, he's just a Noobie.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
get a spray bottle (or one of those things that you use to clean a baby's nose) fill it with a warm water and spray it in your ear over and over. It will loosen the wax and the wax will fall out of your ears. Don't push it in with a Q-Tip you tard ;)

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Originally posted by: stev0
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Maybe you have compacted wax, pic.

ok thats sick.

It's better then this

wtf?! :confused:

you probably just jammed earwax onto your eardrum
it's not that big of a deal it will go away. dont stick anything in your ears! Qtips are only for cleaning the outside area of your ear, not the inner!

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Sleep on it, get a full night's rest. If it's still bad tomorrow go see your doctor. You have to be extremely careful with q-tips.