"I Own a Elsa Gladiac GeForce2 GTS 32mg card....what's the next move?"

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
folks......what should I do now? I have an Athlon 1.4 system with Windows XP and I'm running the Elsa Gladiac 32mg GTS video card but am getting the feeling that this card may be now very outdated.......

How do you all feel and what should be my next plan of attack......Do I go with a $400 top of the line GeForce 4 or can I get a very fast step up from what i have now in the $100-$150 range?

Im getting a bit confused cause I havent been following all the video cards out recently

thanks if you could supply any recommendations or help

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
If you like Nvidia, the GF3 Ti200's should be taking a very big price dump shortly. They will probably be in the $120-130 range soon. That would be a very decent up-grade. You could probably get $50-55 for your current card.

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
Is my GeForce 2 GTS 32meg card THAT old or THAT slow, that a GeForce 3 Ti200 would be a SIGNIFIGANT performance upgrade in terms of 3D gaming?

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
If you play more than solitaire, yes, bigtime difference. You will have double Q3 frame rate (at the least), if your into flight sims, go up to the next resoulution, crank everything up the max, and you will have double the frame rate there as well.

I would think you could see near double your frame rate in any game, maybe more. If that's not enough, go with the GF4 .

axia55

Platinum Member
May 22, 2001
Yes, the Ti-200 really is a big jump! I sold my Ti-200 and went to a GF2 GTS a few months ago and really regreted it!

JK16

Nov 7, 2001
Go with the GeForce4 ti4200. It will cost "only" $200, and if you buy it from gainward (they are the BEST nvidia card manufacturer) then you can almost surely overclock it to ti4600 levels, thereby saving $200. Note: Overclockingvideocards is childs play, and gainward's EXPERTtool helps make it just a matter of moving some sliders and hitting apply. However, if you cannot wait one month for the gf4 to come out (I reccomend that you do though). Then buy a gainward gf3 ti200, and overclock it

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Are your games getting a bit choppy?
If yes, then it's definitely worth the upgrade as current cards can easily outperform the GTS.
If your games are already running smoothly for you then I wouldnt bother with upgrading.

Assuming you do decide to upgrade... then if you buy now I'd go with the OEM Radeon 8500.
GF3 Ti200 iwould be my second choice, but the R8500 has a superior feature set, better 2D and DVD, and FSAA implementation, HydraVision, DVI output etc, along with slightly faster performance for only about $20 more.

If your willing to wait another two months.... according to Anand that's when the GF4 Ti200 will launch then it'd be a better option then either of the above, at comparable pricing. Of course by then ATi's RV250 will be out and perhaps other cards so it's really hard to say for certain what will be the best in two months.

tazdevl

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2000
All I can say is to wait 4 more weeks when the GF4 Ti's hit the streets. There should be some nice price drops that you will benefit from as ATI and nVIDIA battle for market share with the GF4's hitting the streets.